By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famicom Detective Club (The Missing Heir and The Girl Who Stands Behind) getting localized for a western release May 14th

I played Famicom Tantei Club Part II on SNES, with an unnoficial translation back in 2016. That game got me hooked from the beginning to the end.

It's the kind of game that makes you want to play a bit more just to see what happens next. It's wonderful. By the way, it's one of the few games on SNES that has a murder as the main theme, and it actually shows the corpses, as far as I remember.

Around the Network

I think I remember the Gaming Historian channel mentioning these games in a video. It's surprising to see them returning.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:

The obscurly famous 1980's Famicom Detective games released originally on the Famicom(NES), Super Famicom(SNES) got remade recently for the Nintendo Switch last year and were out in Japan since then, but it seems like Nintendo finally understood there's a market for the VN/Adventure enthusiasts by finally announcing the localization of both games to the west.

Original games were made by the Metroid team from back then and the soundtrack was also composed by Kenji Yamamoto who did Super Metroid soundtrack. There's options to switch the soundtrack to the original 8-bit/16-bit sounds.

One of those low-key hyped games to be honest.

The remakes have not released in Japan yet but they were announced last year.
Ethier way it is very cool that Nintendo will be publishing this outside of Japan. Hopefully this leads to the recent Buddy Mission Bond switch exclusive to be localised too.

In all honesty, I am pretty excited for it. I love a good murder mystery and I am looking forward to experiencing what these games have to offer.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Mar1217 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I played Famicom Tantei Club Part II on SNES, with an unnoficial translation back in 2016. That game got me hooked from the beginning to the end.

It's the kind of game that makes you want to play a bit more just to see what happens next. It's wonderful. By the way, it's one of the few games on SNES that has a murder as the main theme, and it actually shows the corpses, as far as I remember.

Common you're just setting my expectations to skyrocket once I get my hands on the 2nd game lol xD

I do know the game is rated Teen in NA so I don't know if it means some  parts in the remake are "censored" or different to the original.

Anywoo, the fact they even wanted to localize it in the first place is great, so I'll take it as it is.

I don't know if the original for SNES would be worth of a "M" rating, since there's no blood or gore (If I remember well).

But yeah, that announcement came out of nowhere, and I really liked it.

Around the Network

I'm interested in any of those Famicom era games that never made it out of Japan, especially if the games were considered good by fans. I'm definitely intrigued by these.

The second game was actually pretty good! It's linear as hell, and I'm not sure it's even possible to fail, but it was still a nice ride.

Pretty nice that Nintendo is remaking some Japanese-only games for a global audience this time. I really like visual novel/interactive story games, so I want these. $34.99 a piece still will probably be a lot, but that's better than $59.99 a piece.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

This was the most exciting thing at the direct. A new (for westerners) game, being remade and coming out this year.

Ayumi Tachibana for Smash /s

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."