By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your Favorite Game on the N64?

Which one is your all-time fave?

Ocarina of Time 16 32.00%

Super Mario 64 6 12.00%

Perfect Dark 5 10.00%

Banjo-Kazooie 4 8.00%

Goldeneye 7 14.00%

Paper Mario 3 6.00%

Smash Bros. 1 2.00%

Star Fox 64 1 2.00%

Mario Kart 64 1 2.00%

Other 6 12.00%

Total:50

I was recently working on a "Top 12" video for the Nintendo 64, and realized there were an absurd number of great games I had to put aside for the list. So, I guess the question is: which one is your favorite?

https://youtu.be/BgSM9S-bVFY

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Donkey Kong 64

Ocarina of Time

KLXVER said:

Donkey Kong 64

Big love for DK64. Played it a lot at my friend's house growing up.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and Mario Party.

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros.

I used to play it with my friend every day after school. So many memories!

Very tough choice.

These 5 games below can easily be considered Games of the generation.

Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Kazooie
Goldeneye

I would have to go with Perfect Dark only because i have to choose one. Its one of the most featured filled games ever made. Its gameplay is still amazing to this day, the game broke new limits on N64 hardware looking like something that released on the Dreamcast/PS2. It offered great innovation and its story was awesome and having AI that put next gen games to shame, and lets not forget about music, some of best of its era. Outside of the hardware limitations of the N64, their is nothing i can fault on this game. Their is a very good reason as to why this game is sitting on a 97/100 Metascore. Rares greatest achievement.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 14 February 2021

Majora’s Mask

Banjo Kazooie.
Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 are also legendary, and more influential, but BK to me represents a near perfect package.
Memorable worlds and characters, tons of variety and charm, great music, some of the best visuals on the platform, and a deeper and more refined take on the template Mario 64 pioneered.
For me it's the epitome of what made that generation of gaming so mind-blowing at the time; that leap forward into a whole new world of three dimensions that came to life like never before.

Ocarina of Time