By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have PS5 shipments fallen off a cliff?

The PS5 will drop like a rock.

Around the Network

Wrong year, company, and console but I guess Rick's prophecy has come to pass and he was telling the truth.... 

I can't find one here in the States. No idea if it is intentional or not, but ps5 is ghosting.

The previous rumors of very low yield rates for the PS5 might very well be true.

Kinda reminds me of Wii during 2006-early 2007

Around the Network

What Japanese Bloomberg writer had written in the article was actually true regarding the failure rate of PS5 production.

I recall a report from a few months ago declaring something along the lines of PS5 running into major production issues and that Sony no longer target to ship more than PS4 by launch.
I believe Sony declined at that time but it seems the article may have been accurate.

Found the report where Sony pushed back
https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-pushes-back-against-report-that-it-is-reducing-playstation-5-production/#:~:text=In%20a%20story%20published%20Monday,PS5s%20for%20its%20fiscal%20year.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Does seem like their initial record is becoming a gen over gen decline. Supply issues on both sides is concerning but this is great news.

And to explain myself, the supply constraint allows the consoles to compete on their games instead of PS5 pulling ahead purely on brand loyalty and little else. This way we can have a good old fashioned console war based on games. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony will not be able to keep the demand until 2022, there are severe issues inside the assembly lines.

So Ps5 will be sold out for another year.

They’re limiting shipments to make demand look higher =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.