By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokemon Snap releases 30th of April, new trailer

Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I'm really conflicted about supporting this. On the one hand, it looks amazing, and the fact it's not being developed by GameFreak is (sadly) a point in its favour. On the other hand, I still don't want to support the Pokemon Company after the near annualization of the main series and the drop in quality thereafter, good spinoffs can't fix shit what the main series refuses to acknowledge its problems.

You could always just support the individual games you like and not support the individual games you don't like.

Also, Let's Go was innovative and fun for me. The game after that was Sw/Sh, which was the first normal new Pokemon game we got since Sun/Moon in 2016, three years prior. Let's go was different so it doesn't count as an annualization, nor does Ultra Sun/Moon because they were just enhanced, different perspective stories of Sun/Moon. The DLC also doesn't count as a full game. So if we just get Snap/Remake and Diamomd/Pearl this year, it will be at least two years between Sw/Sh and the next full game, and I suspect we will get a Let's Go game in 2022 and the next full game in 2023 personally, perhaps we ben as a Switch 2 launch title with a decent effort put into it.

Now, that all being said, I do think the quality of Sw/Sh and especially of Sun/Moon was lacking and I do wish they would do better, but then again maybe the simplification has contributed towards sustained success with today's kids.

Perhaps the market is ready for a company to make a Pokemon clone that's aimed at teenagers and adults. Maybe even Nintendo would do it with Level 5 or some NA subsidiary?

Or you know, just play Shin Megami Tensei instead ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I'm really conflicted about supporting this. On the one hand, it looks amazing, and the fact it's not being developed by GameFreak is (sadly) a point in its favour. On the other hand, I still don't want to support the Pokemon Company after the near annualization of the main series and the drop in quality thereafter, good spinoffs can't fix shit what the main series refuses to acknowledge its problems.

You could always just support the individual games you like and not support the individual games you don't like.

Also, Let's Go was innovative and fun for me. The game after that was Sw/Sh, which was the first normal new Pokemon game we got since Sun/Moon in 2016, three years prior. Let's go was different so it doesn't count as an annualization, nor does Ultra Sun/Moon because they were just enhanced, different perspective stories of Sun/Moon. The DLC also doesn't count as a full game. So if we just get Snap/Remake and Diamomd/Pearl this year, it will be at least two years between Sw/Sh and the next full game, and I suspect we will get a Let's Go game in 2022 and the next full game in 2023 personally, perhaps we ben as a Switch 2 launch title with a decent effort put into it.

Now, that all being said, I do think the quality of Sw/Sh and especially of Sun/Moon was lacking and I do wish they would do better, but then again maybe the simplification has contributed towards sustained success with today's kids.

Perhaps the market is ready for a company to make a Pokemon clone that's aimed at teenagers and adults. Maybe even Nintendo would do it with Level 5 or some NA subsidiary?

I don't know, I'd still be supporting The Pokemon Co., and considering how difficult it is to effectively boycott a company as popular as them, going half way seems very pointless.

Also, the last couple Digimon games were great, which is honestly a fantastic thing, since Pokemon needs more competition. Also I've heard good things about Nexomon, I really need to try it out.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

If it has about 60 hours of content to 100% then I'm getting it some day

Really nice visuals but not my kind of game.

Your sword did not cut deep enough

Not my cup of tea personally, but I'm happy for all those fans of the first game who are finally getting the sequel so many of them have waited over two decades for.

This is really strengthens Switch's first half of the year; with the addition of Bowser's Fury, Monster Hunter Rise, Bravely Default II, and other secondary titles this is looking to be the best first semester the Switch has had, even before we know what games are coming in May/June.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I want it to be good so badly. It definitely looks like it has 9/10 potential. Hopefully this isn't another Pokken, or Star Allies.

Man i can't wait for the game.

Never played the first one,

Looking at the trailer, all you seem to do is explore a world and take photos of pokemon?

Cobretti2 said:

Looking at the trailer, all you seem to do is explore a world and take photos of pokemon?

This game appeals to me in the same way Animal Crossing does. There is just something so delightful, charming, and relaxing about a game like this in a world that is constantly stressing you out. Most games are intense or violent, which doesn't help at all with mental issues. This is the kind of game you play when you want to have peaceful aesthetics, soothing sounds, and feel accomplished that you may witness something few that play the game will. It's the kind of game that helps combat the isolation and loneliness of Covid, just like Animal Crossing.

Cobretti2 said:

Just like super mario bros is just going right till the end of the course

We reap what we sow