By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what is happening with Gamestop now ?

Increased revenue from 9th generation launch increased share price.
Share price has peaked and is expected to decline over time.

Around the Network
Phoenix20 said:

Increased revenue from 9th generation launch increased share price.
Share price has peaked and is expected to decline over time.

Yes maybe, but meanwhile some trader have multiplied a position by 8 or 10 in a short time lately (from July to now), and I want to be able to identify this like they do.

Dat Xbox money and guidance. When things go back to normal it will be nice to see Xbox pushed prominently (due to them getting kickbacks from Microsoft to do so).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Well well...This reminds me what many trading coach say : "when everybody is seller, buy it and opposite".

Amnesia said:

Well well...This reminds me what many trading coach say : "when everybody is seller, buy it and opposite".

From what I read analysts talked about the rise being the result of other investors responding against investor shortening by driving up the price. 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

It is a bubble. It has zero to do with the company, and everything to do with speculation.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpx8w/how-chaotic-redditors-made-gamestop-stock-skyrocket-and-made-short-sellers-cry

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Amnesia said:

I don't know any accurate background which can explain this...Everybody were seeing them dead for good because of the global digitalisation of the video game market, I was even afraid to buy some at 4,5$...

It's just tons of people shorted the stock and other people calling their bluff, forcing them to buy early instead of later as planned.

It's pretty much a runaway shorting war. When it's over, Gamestop will be bursting along with the bubble this war created.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 23 January 2021

GME stock at $90. Up 37% today. It is like 4chan found a bloomberg terminal.

It's a short squeeze. Gamestop is America's most hated stock. Speculators are betting that the price will drop. They keep buying more and extending their loans to cover the terms of their bets.

It's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it works for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Agree with almost all of what you said. Just so fascinating and amusing.