By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo "laughed their assess off" when Microsoft tried to acquire the company in 2000

The_Liquid_Laser said:

RROD anyone?

You know there are young gamers which are or will turn 15 who were born after the RRoD.

Feel old ?

Around the Network

Makes me wonder how MS could have gott n over it so quickly and are now partnering with Nintendo more than ever. I guess good business never is truly personal.

Since we're somewhat on the topic:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-investment-mof-idUSKBN22K0Z0

Companies on this list include Sony, Nintendo, Capcom & Square Enix.

SKMBlake said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

RROD anyone?

You know there are young gamers which are or will turn 15 who were born after the RRoD.

Feel old ?

Atari 2600.  Yes now I feel old.   Remember when systems didn't need updates?

sethnintendo said:
SKMBlake said:

Feel old ?

Remember when you could bring a new game home and just play it without having to wait 4 hours for a bloated day 1 patch to make it playable?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
sethnintendo said:

Remember when you could bring a new game home and just play it without having to wait 4 hours for a bloated day 1 patch to make it playable?

Yes now games are rushed out to meet deadlines like ET 2600 but now we have lazy developers who release a game full of bugs and errors only to patch it later.  And now we have shit pay to win games on cellphones.  

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 06 January 2021

And thank fuck they did. Considering some of the yikes worthy management that MS has had over the years, I can't imagine what Nintendo would be like if they were owned by MS.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think they should have bought the company.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

SEGA should still be making consoles instead of them TBH. They filled in where SEGA left and feel they never lived up to the greatness of SEGA. I think they tried to buy SEGA as well. Actually tbh. SEGA tried to court Sony into making the hardware for Saturn. It didn't work out but since MS made the OS for Dreamcast being based on Windows CE. Should have just let MS make the hardware in a licensing deal with the SEGA branding on the box with SEGA's first-party games. That would have been the best outcome. SEGANet might have taken off like XBL. EA might have been on board. Zone of the Enders would be on it instead of PS2 (ZOE was originally in development for DC) ..man but looking at the world and the gaming industry the shit shape it's in. We live in the darkest timeline.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yet MS could still easily buy them 20 years later.