By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Bad' Endings You Preferred?

Games with multiple endings often have 'good' and 'bad' or canon endings and not. What are some instances where you prefer the ending that the game sort of implies is less correct? Spoiler tags, obviously (in the Format section of the Rich Text Reply, fyi).

GTA IV

Spoiler!
The happier ending with Roman exclaiming "we won!" rang hollow to me compared to the sadder ending with a pregnant widow and Niko contemplating the American Dream. That one felt much more poignant to me.

How about you guys?

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VI:

Spoiler!
Not an ending to the game itself, but letting Cid die launches a scene that is far more effective at establishing the mood of the story at that point in the game. Saving him seems anti-climactic.

I really want to say Persona 5 Royal, just because...

Spoiler!
I wanted to see Goro happy so bad.

...But I can't. I just can't.

Steins;Gate, Stardust Sky.

Spoiler!
Mayuri is better and deserves better.

I found hilarious how Bloodborne's easiest to get ending is the "happier" of the three... While the two that actually require effort to achieve are incredibly depressing xD

Around the Network

I don't even remember that GTA IV had multiple endings...

Barozi said:

I don't even remember that GTA IV had multiple endings...

Same, I thought the sad ending was the only ending up until reading that comment in this thread. Lol. Makes me kind of want to go back and replay GTAIV

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II. Vader getting captured didn’t make much sense to me. Plus the game characters needed to die to stick with canon. We can assume that The Emperor came to know of Vader’s Starkiller clones and dealt with them accordingly afterwards.

The secret ending of Duck Tales on the NES. For that, you need to beat the game with exactly $0 in your account. The game will then state that Scrooge lost all his money to find the 5 treasures, and that he will use them to rebuild his empire.

Here's a video of it:

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 02 January 2021

Double post