By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled vs Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Which one fo you think it's better

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled 8 14.81%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 44 81.48%

Both are about the same 1 1.85%

Never played either 1 1.85%

Total:54

For a moment I thought, based on this thread title, that Crash Team Racing vs. Mario Kart was announced.

My brain exploded at the possibility.

Around the Network

CTR and Mario Kart 8 are both amazing games, but ultimately I have to give the nod to MK8 just barely for being 60fps, having a better soundtrack, and just overall being more polished.

CTR > MK, this is something you can't convince me otherwise.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ka-pi96 said:

Crash Team Racing is better.

That's mainly because Mario Kart is physically painful to play. If they let you change the controls so you could use the R button to accelerate then it'd be better, but as long as you have to hurt your thumb holding down the A button it's going to be inferior.

Not sure about Wii U version, but MK8DX has a setting where the kart accelerates itself, you only need to brake (Which I can assure you, it's only actually needed in 200cc and rather infrequently in 150cc).

Ka-pi96 said:
Legendary_W said:

Not sure about Wii U version, but MK8DX has a setting where the kart accelerates itself, you only need to brake (Which I can assure you, it's only actually needed in 200cc and rather infrequently in 150cc).

I'm pretty sure the Wii U version didn't have that. It doesn't really help though, I want to accelerate myself, I just want to use the R button. You know, the default accelerate button in every other racing game on the planet. Why won't they let you just change the controls?

On the Switch you can remap the buttons on the controller in the system settings, so you could set a configuration where R does what the A button does for Mario Kart

Around the Network

At its heart, Crash is a PS1 game. Yes, easily the best Kart racing game of the 90s but it isn't able to keep up with two decades of Mario Kart evolution. Still impressed with how great it holds up, though.

d21lewis said:

At its heart, Crash is a PS1 game. Yes, easily the best Kart racing game of the 90s but it isn't able to keep up with two decades of Mario Kart evolution. Still impressed with how great it holds up, though.

Yeah the fact that with a graphical overhaul it still can still compete with the best of modern Kart racing is a testament to CTR's brilliance. MK8 is better, but Crash puts up a damn good fight.

The CPU AI in CTR NF is impossible to play against. Anything less than a perfect run in Story Mode will cause you to lose the race (classic mode). Frankly that saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

I have only played MK 8 a few minutes but I assume it is at least fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

The CPU AI in CTR NF is impossible to play against. Anything less than a perfect run in Story Mode will cause you to lose the race (classic mode). Frankly that saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

I have only played MK 8 a few minutes but I assume it is at least fair.

It may seem so at the start but after some time Hard Ai becomes easy.

Both are amazing games.
And I don't know if it's fair what I'm about to do but I'm giving it to CTR due to nostalgia with the PlayStation 1 version

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"