By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled (due to MS censorship)

Tagged games:

Developer Inti Creates has cancelled the Xbox One version of Gal Gun Returns, citing an inability to “ensure consistency” on the platform following a discussion with Microsoft.

“As a remaster of the original Gal Gun, we wanted to strive to ensure that we stayed true to the spirit of the first entry in the Gal Gun series,” Inti Creates said in a statement, “and while development of the Xbox version was complete and the master ROM under review, it became apparent, after productive discussion with Microsoft, that we would be unable to ensure consistency of experience across all platforms.

Get the full message on the Xbox One version’s cancellation below.

Gal Gun Returns is due out for Switch in Japan and Asia on January 28, 2021, followed by Switch in the west and PC via Steam on February 12.

Source 1 e 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Look I think the Gal Gun games are pedo-ish and awful but I need it explained to me. Why is this any worse than literal rape in some AAA games like GTAV? It seems to me there is more of a biased against lewd anime than lewd realism in games. Both can be bad but I just see a double standard. Gal Gun does not have any nudity where a rape scene in another game the guy has a literally modeled penis. Why praise one and damn another? Why not damn both? It's not the nudity itself, it's the context of it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
Leynos said:

Look I think the Gal Gun games are pedo-ish and awful but I need it explained to me. Why is this any worse than literal rape in some AAA games like GTAV? It seems to me there is more of a biased against lewd anime than lewd realism in games. Both can be bad but I just see a double standard. Gal Gun does not have any nudity where a rape scene in another game the guy has a literally modeled penis. Why praise one and damn another? Why not damn both? It's not the nudity itself, it's the context of it.

Sexualised content of underage girls is pretty taboo. 

But i can't speak for this GTA5 scenario you're talking about. I know nothing of it.

Granted pedo shit is taboo but so is rape. I think both are equally terrible. I can't post it but you can just google it. 2 men rape a woman on the side of the road in GTAV. I don't know if they are randomly generated or just some hidden thing in GTA V but I have seen videos of it. One man is nude with his penis out raping a woman. You can choose to shoot them both or just drive past.

Bandorr said:
Leynos said:

Granted pedo shit is taboo but so is rape. I think both are equally terrible. I can't post it but you can just google it. 2 men rape a woman on the side of the road in GTAV. I don't know if they are randomly generated or just some hidden thing in GTA V but I have seen videos of it. One man is nude with his penis out raping a woman. You can choose to shoot them both or just drive past.

That's not a rape scene. That's them trying to eat her.

They say something like "Your generation will sustain us forever".

Everyone has their clothes on, and I see no sign what so ever of a penis in any video I've found.

Infact googling it you get an article from the makers of the game explaining it is cannibalism.

The video I found had the guy nude.

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 December 2020

Fair enough

Around the Network

I have never heard of this.

I decided to look up the game.

Oh. Hell. No.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Gal Gun is the OG Weird Anime Bullshit. I'm surprised so many of you had to look it up.

Nintendo is the only one not censoring games right now

Leynos said:

I agree, here is some strong bias towards western games. It is not only the sexuality in western games which is seen differently. Think about the realistic hyperviolence in many western games. Game designers go out of their way to animate more violent murder scenes. In a game like Tomb raider the character (Lara Croft in this case) murders her way through hundreds if not thousands humans. Is that really something we want to celebrate? I think there is a big difference if you attack monsters, or if the animations don't focus so much on the grizly details of the murder. But that is all fine, it actually wins coveted prizes at game awards and ranks high with reviewers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

twintail said:
Leynos said:

Sexualised content of underage girls is pretty taboo. 

But i can't speak for this GTA5 scenario you're talking about. I know nothing of it.

Murder is taboo as well, yet nobody complains about all the murder you have to commit in many critically acclaimed games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]