By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled (due to MS censorship)

Tagged games:

HoangNhatAnh said:

Gal Gun Returns is a remaster of the original that came out on the Xbox 360 back in 2011 and then, on the PS3 a year later (albeit Japan only). The sequel, Gal Gun: Double Peace came out on the PS4/Vita in 2015 (in JP) and 2016 (in US & EU). Funny how there wasn't much "muh pedophilia" whining back then. And then, Gal Gun 2 came out in 2018.
So there has been theoretically 9 years' worth of data and 3 games, so... where's this uptick in pedophilia? Anyone? Anyone?

Nobody was aware of it until it's given a prominent news placing regarding platform censorship issues.

What uptick? How would you even quantify that?

This game features high school girls in their underwear, the ability to remove their skirts, a character who is a 12-14 year old given her class listing, and it comes with a scented bookmark featuring said underage poster girl with the title 'smells like a girl'.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Meanwhile, Game of Thrones is perfectly okay to purchase on console platforms which involves rape of barely legal teens, murder and cutting off dicks to name a few.

Yeah, I don't really understand these western attacks on ecchi games. Yes, they feature sexualized girls who are underage by western standards, but there is no explicit nudity in them (devs self censor any nipple or crotch shots with flashes of light or steam), no actual sex scenes, no rape, no heavy violence or gore, usually very little language compared to western games, the girls are usually anime stylized instead of designed to look realistic.

Having played a few Ecchi games myself, particularly Senran Kagura games, I found them to be quite tame compared to things I've seen in western games. In western games we have things like Abby getting f*cked from behind in TLOU 2 with her "tits" out, full frontal nudity character creation in Cyberpunk with multiple breast sizes, nipple styles, penis sizes and pubic hair styles, Lara Craft dying in many graphic ways in the 3 games of the Tomb Raider remake trilogy, gory Mortal Kombat fatalities, and lots more things that are far more explicit than anything in these console ecchi games that Sony and now MS are trying to censor. 

Yeah it's as simple as that. The fetish is that they're underage. 

Not this thread comparing the sexual exploitation of minors to murder or graphic scenes featuring adults.

vivster said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand these western attacks on ecchi games. Yes, they feature sexualized girls who are underage by western standards, but there is no explicit nudity in them (devs self censor any nipple or crotch shots with flashes of light or steam), no actual sex scenes, no rape, no heavy violence or gore, usually very little language compared to western games, the girls are usually anime stylized instead of designed to look realistic.

Having played a few Ecchi games myself, particularly Senran Kagura games, I found them to be quite tame compared to things I've seen in western games. In western games we have things like Abby getting f*cked from behind in TLOU 2 with her "tits" out, full frontal nudity character creation in Cyberpunk with multiple breast sizes, nipple styles, penis sizes and pubic hair styles, Lara Craft dying in many graphic ways in the 3 games of the Tomb Raider remake trilogy, gory Mortal Kombat fatalities, and lots more things that are far more explicit than anything in these console ecchi games that Sony and now MS are trying to censor. 

Western society still has trouble understanding that sexuality starts long before an arbitrary age limit. Also because being outraged about underage people gives you lots of internet points.

I think most people understand that kids are sexually active or at least exploring, the problem is grown adults trying to take virtual panty shots or rip the clothes off minors in a video is just weird to put it lightly. Than you have creepy shit like the scented bookmark mentioned in the thread and that’s a hell no for me. 

ice said:
vivster said:

Western society still has trouble understanding that sexuality starts long before an arbitrary age limit. Also because being outraged about underage people gives you lots of internet points.

I think most people understand that kids are sexually active or at least exploring, the problem is grown adults trying to take virtual panty shots or rip the clothes off minors in a video is just weird to put it lightly. Than you have creepy shit like the scented bookmark mentioned in the thread and that’s a hell no for me. 

Then don't buy it, which I also don't. That is something different than censoring the game altogether.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
ice said:

Then don't buy it, which I also don't. That is something different than censoring the game altogether.

Not buying it doesn’t change that there’s games enabling this kind of attraction as normal. If you want to make a game for horny adults it should features adults. 

ice said:
vivster said:

Or maybe people need to shut the fuck up about other people's hobbies or preferences that hurt no one and is their own fucking business.

I fail to see how defining something as "weird" gives people a free pass to go off and harass others.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think the thing here is that there are rating agencies already that have a strict understanding what is allowed and what not. Of course they all have a state of lawyers who would definitely not allow the game to be certified if it had a content that is prohibited in any country on the government level. The rating agencies approved the game so it is presumably ok to release such game according to laws in any country worldwide. The problem for Microsoft in this situation is that they create additional problems for themselves by hurting relationships with the devs and publishers (this publisher also has non-weird-pedo games which could be at risk now for skipping Xbox) for nothing as the game was already approved by rating agencies. So, my main point is - censorship is bad, if the laws don't forbid to release the game, it should be released. If anyone finds the content of the game weird and gross, just not buy it. And that's exactly what I would personally do.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Leynos said:

Granted pedo shit is taboo but so is rape. I think both are equally terrible. I can't post it but you can just google it. 2 men rape a woman on the side of the road in GTAV. I don't know if they are randomly generated or just some hidden thing in GTA V but I have seen videos of it. One man is nude with his penis out raping a woman. You can choose to shoot them both or just drive past.

https://www.cnet.com/news/gta-v-that-rape-scene-no-thats-just-cannibalism/

this one, i saw it and it looks rape, but its not the player doing it, you cant rape in gta 5.

In this game you do pedo shit , the player does.

It's a bit strange logic. If some content in the game is controversial it doesn't really matter who is doing that - the player or NPC. Judging by this logic, any horrible acts are okay as long as you are the one who is doing it.

ice said:
Mnementh said:

Not buying it doesn’t change that there’s games enabling this kind of attraction as normal. If you want to make a game for horny adults it should features adults. 

Sorry, I must've missed the part where we try to ban everything that is not considered "normal" by sexually repressed people.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.