By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS5 and/or XBSS/X outsell Wii U by 2021 end?

Will they?

Yes, both 24 27.59%

PS5 only 45 51.72%

PS5 only 5 5.75%

XBSS/X only 1 1.15%

No 7 8.05%

This poll is rigged! 5 5.75%

Total:87

Will they? Both? Just one of them?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I think they both will.  If not both, then the PS5 at the very least due to its presence in the EU market. It seems that performance wise, the gap might be a bit bigger than some expected between gen 8 and gen 9. Even Halo is rumored to drop the XOne version of Infinite.

With that in mind I fully expect both of them to pass the WiiU easily overall, especially with the Series S being an affordable option as well. I think 20 mil is a more interesting benchmark than WiiU numbers TBH.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

By end of 2021 PS5 will easily, XBS/X has a chance, but it would have to perform about 20% better than the XOne did in same period.

The ps5 would have to sell less than 10 million next year, of course it will out sell the wii u by years end.

I'm quite inclined to think both, or at the very least PS5, will, but obviously if supplies will be enough.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I voted both. PS5 is a given. Xbox Series S/X is likely.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

PS5 alone.

Series X/S will probavly sell 6-7 million next year.

Both. Combining what both systems do this year and next.
PS5 this year looks like 4.5-5 mil.
XBS this year looks like 2.3-2.6 mil.
So PS5 would need at min 9 mil next year, while XBS would need 11.2 mil.
PS5 no question, but XBS I think can pull through especially if Microsoft advertises the Series S model well and makes it readily available.

voted both. Quick reminder Wii U shipped 13.56 Millions.

PS5 will, Series X might.