By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 removed from Playstation Store | CDPR working hard to bring it back

The fact we are ending a generation and starting next gen with this crap is disgusting in the gaming industry. Hopefully other devs will speak out to ensure this kind of practice in the gaming industry doesn't repeat itself.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

PS4 patch 1.05 is live

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
sales2099 said:

After CD Projekt Red, what big Western RPG developers are left? Larian and Bioware? One developer that only makes CRPGs and another that people have no faith in and has their next game years away?

Not really they made different type of games we had divinity dragon knight saga last gen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOu4OAsUhw  Openworldish action RPG with a ton of great features.  Publishers pushed them to release the game in a certain time making it for some still a great experience but it missed some polish.  Is exactly the reason they went to Kickstarter.   Give Larian a bigger budget and they probably could make a great open world RPG but the fanbase wants CRPG's now...

Perhaps they should get better at game development? IMO, the first two Witcher games played like hot garbage, and beloved Witcher 3 still plays VERY slippery. They had literal years to make a half-decent, mostly-polished game out of Cyberpunk, yet this happens. I'm sorry, but CDPR are a joke. Worse than Bethesda.

It's funny too, because I've noticed that almost ALL of the big "AAA" games that come out that have major bugs, seem unfinished or lack polish, and need major patching, are western developed games. Most "AAA" Japanese games do not have these kinds of issues. Food for thought.

DevilRising said:

Perhaps they should get better at game development? IMO, the first two Witcher games played like hot garbage, and beloved Witcher 3 still plays VERY slippery. They had literal years to make a half-decent, mostly-polished game out of Cyberpunk, yet this happens. I'm sorry, but CDPR are a joke. Worse than Bethesda.

It's funny too, because I've noticed that almost ALL of the big "AAA" games that come out that have major bugs, seem unfinished or lack polish, and need major patching, are western developed games. Most "AAA" Japanese games do not have these kinds of issues. Food for thought.

There are definitely differences in work ethic across continents. Asians work, and are okay with working, more than any other continent. I believe there were protests in Japan celebrating the new Emperor when they imposed workers take days off work. 

Americans work less than Asians for sure (I think around 40 hours on average last I checked), and Europeans work even less on average (like 34 hours per week). So 1 year of development in the US is more like 1.17 years in Europe. Asians work I think over 50 hours a week on average. And that's just their hours worked, not even comparing mental focus, there is definitely going to be a difference in productivity between Japanese developers and a Polish one.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
DevilRising said:

There are definitely differences in work ethic across continents. Asians work, and are okay with working, more than any other continent. I believe there were protests in Japan celebrating the new Emperor when they imposed workers take days off work. 

Americans work less than Asians for sure (I think around 40 hours on average last I checked), and Europeans work even less on average (like 34 hours per week). So 1 year of development in the US is more like 1.17 years in Europe. Asians work I think over 50 hours a week on average. And that's just their hours worked, not even comparing mental focus, there is definitely going to be a difference in productivity between Japanese developers and a Polish one.

Whaaat? I can't even with this....Especially with what is known about "crunch culture" at CDPR, the work hours and conditions.......For the record, I liked the post you are quoting, because there is some truth to it, but there's WELL more in play here than the incredibly broad term "Asian" vs the close to equally broad term "European". Trying to compare the work ethic of the staff based on....What? Why didn't the lazy, drunken Scots at Rockstar North fail with GTA 3? How about 4 or 5? I guess they must have been emulating the software teams in....let's say....Asian country X....In order to sit atop the game dev world for almost 2 decades.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 19 December 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Dulfite said:
DevilRising said:

And then thee're this little fact

At the other end of the spectrum, Luxembourg, the most productive country, has an average workweek of just 29 hours.
https://time.com/4621185/worker-productivity-countries/

Especially in a creative job that requires a lot of thinking, working longer hours drives productivity down and increases the chances of buggy code. It's well known in software development yet crunch culture goes on. Patch now, fix later. A patch usually creates more problems, if not now, then down the line.

As an example of Japanese games, PD started over from scratch with GT Sport, the right thing to do. Legacy code eventually becomes too much of a burden, just look at Bethesda with Skyrim. And TLG is the poster child of, we'll release when it's ready. (Actually still runs pretty shoddy on base ps4, but at least they didn't try to cram it onto ps3!)

So crprojekt went from the best/supporting studio to most depceptive. What they did is much worse than the nomansky team. 2020 may be the worst year ever. Shit keeps getting worse.

KratosLives said:

So crprojekt went from the best/supporting studio to most depceptive. What they did is much worse than the nomansky team. 2020 may be the worst year ever. Shit keeps getting worse.

Still have two weeks to go. Any predictions to round out the year?

I kind of wanted a refund too (PC/Steam) But I only passed the 2 hour threshold. Its a good game. but I am not going to play it any time soon (i had two game breaking glitches in the first section) so might as well refund it and get Yakuza 7 instead.

Edit: Also hi buddy, how have you been?

Last edited by PullusPardus - on 21 December 2020