By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 removed from Playstation Store | CDPR working hard to bring it back

konnichiwa said:
DonFerrari said:

Theoretically you also can on Sony, as long as you haven't started download/streaming.

MS certainly make it easier to get the refund as Sony restrict the refund after download to the product being defective while MS put attenuating circumstances and from what we usually hear they are more likely to refund. Still in the Cyberpunk case can someone that played over 40h of the game within 14 days easily requires a refund from MS? Because it seems from Sony info that they will refund anyone that request it.

I am not sure if someone who played for 40 hours feels like he wants to refund it, seems their is also a group who enjoys it even with bugs. Just wanted to let people know who have it on xbox also can ask a refund, way better comment then all the fanboy shit going on in this thread.

There are people that finished the game and are asking refund.

On the advising people on Xbox that is good info, but I guess it was already mentioned on the CDPR apology letter and some other discussions, but yep since it wasn't mentioned here it have value to someone that didn't know before.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Like I said the NPC rendering is a factor. Depends how you like your immersion: Xboxs bustling city or Sony’s covid lockdown city. And yes I will thank you.

You do know the reasons and are being obnoxious or you don't?

I’m going by what I see, the reasons matter little in the end. I think rendering NPCs is more important then a negligible resolution/FPS difference. Hence I see no reason to take off the game, at least for Xbox one x and series x 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

I don’t know about the business side of it all, but I do know part of negotiations are about perceived value. And stock prices are a big factor in said evaluation. I imagine it will drop further since the Sony removing news is pretty fresh. 

Buyouts aren't decided in a couple days nor they take only the current value in consideration. At most you could see an extremely hostile takeover, but then you would need the board and shareholders from MS agreeing with this silliness which would also take time. So unless bill gates himself go and buy 51% or more of all the shares on the market and resell to MS your dream won't be fulfilled because of this temporary hiccup.

Just a fans dream is all. I would argue many think CD was overvalued until recently. They make few games compared to entire publishers with a similar value. At least their worth is more grounded in reality. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Sooooo technically Cyberpunk is a digital Xbox console exclusive :)

With any luck the plummeting stock prices gonna make CD look mighty tasty to Phil Spencer haha

After CD Projekt Red, what big Western RPG developers are left? Larian and Bioware? One developer that only makes CRPGs and another that people have no faith in and has their next game years away?

I honestly don't find the last sentence of this comment healthy. Microsoft is already going to have a majority of the big WRPG games exclusive to their platforms (most likely, I doubt new Bethesda games will be on Playstation) - they really, really don't need to consume all competition by going after CDPR, too. They already have Obsidian, Inxile, Bethesda Softworks and a division under Playground making Fable. That's enough, to be honest. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Not really, the performance mode of PS5 is a lot smoother than Series X (and I could swear you preferred 60fps). But still the game isn't on good condition in no console and have issues on PC as well. But go and celebrate to your heart content.

Like I said the NPC rendering is a factor. Depends how you like your immersion: Xboxs bustling city or Sony’s covid lockdown city. And yes I will thank you.

Thanks for the laughs, appreciated in these times :)

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
konnichiwa said:

I am not sure if someone who played for 40 hours feels like he wants to refund it, seems their is also a group who enjoys it even with bugs. Just wanted to let people know who have it on xbox also can ask a refund, way better comment then all the fanboy shit going on in this thread.

On the advising people on Xbox that is good info, but I guess it was already mentioned on the CDPR apology letter and some other discussions, but yep since it wasn't mentioned here it have value to someone that didn't know before.

Seems you can also on Xbox:

Cyberpunk 2077: To ensure that every player can get the experience they expect on Xbox, we will be expanding our existing refund policy to offer full refunds to anyone who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 digitally from the Microsoft Store, until further notice.

So crazy that Sony had to remove it. It's running so good on my PC and I'm coming to the end of the game now. Will probably finish it this weekend with around 35 hours in.

method114 said:

So crazy that Sony had to remove it. It's running so good on my PC and I'm coming to the end of the game now. Will probably finish it this weekend with around 35 hours in.

Damn, 35 hours, that it?

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

You do know the reasons and are being obnoxious or you don't?

I’m going by what I see, the reasons matter little in the end. I think rendering NPCs is more important then a negligible resolution/FPS difference. Hence I see no reason to take off the game, at least for Xbox one x and series x 

Of course reasons matter a lot. Because first the game is filled with issues so any advantage now in this mess is irrelevant (saying that knowing full well that PS4 runs it much better than X1 and that PS5 have the best performance among all consoles for this game) running over 15% in pixel count plus over 15% in fps at the same time isn't exactly neglible, and the crowd density is merely function of the porting made. But when the real versions of PS5 and Series X arrive I'll watch for the change of tune. Since you care so much about crowd density how did you felt on the grass density on Dirt 5?

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Buyouts aren't decided in a couple days nor they take only the current value in consideration. At most you could see an extremely hostile takeover, but then you would need the board and shareholders from MS agreeing with this silliness which would also take time. So unless bill gates himself go and buy 51% or more of all the shares on the market and resell to MS your dream won't be fulfilled because of this temporary hiccup.

Just a fans dream is all. I would argue many think CD was overvalued until recently. They make few games compared to entire publishers with a similar value. At least their worth is more grounded in reality. 

I still think they are overvalued, if they lost 1B in value just over weekend and released only a few games plus have an online store they are very much overvalued imho.

konnichiwa said:
DonFerrari said:

Seems you can also on Xbox:

Cyberpunk 2077: To ensure that every player can get the experience they expect on Xbox, we will be expanding our existing refund policy to offer full refunds to anyone who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 digitally from the Microsoft Store, until further notice.

Good to know. But you saw that is an expansion of their regular refund policy. Perhaps because of the marketing deal MS thought it would be better to not remove from the store, but will they give refund to people that buy after this event? So person can right now go there buy, finish the game and refund?

method114 said:

Well it is not running fine on PS4 or X1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Random_Matt said:
method114 said:

Damn, 35 hours, that it?

Well that's just a pure guess based on what I see left on my quest list. If this main quest extends into even more main quest after I'm done with it then who knows how long it will be. This is also with a lot of side stuff left to do. I just did the side quest for the characters I was interested in doing side quest for.

I also don't really like playing games past 35- 40 hours. After that much time I'm generally ready to experience a new game. Really the only time I go longer than that is when I'm forced to just to complete the game. Like Persona 5, DQ11, TOV, etc. Mainly just JRPGs.