By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 removed from Playstation Store | CDPR working hard to bring it back

Sony's doing the right thing.

Phil, gamers' papa bear, where you at? Must be trapped by the lousiest exclusive marketing deal in the history of gaming.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

Phil, gamers' papa bear, where you at? Must be trapped by the lousiest exclusive marketing deal in the history of gaming.

Microsoft has had some bad luck with 3rd party marketing deals.

Ark:
This was a xbox deal too right? Another game, that was a horrendous mess of bugs, and ran like crap on consoles.

PUBG:
So this was a sucess, but right afterwards, out comes Fornite, which just massively overshadows it.
PS fans didnt feel like they where missing out in the least. PUBG was also a mess of bugs and bad performance, at launch.

Shadow of the tombraider:
backlash over a stable PS title, being a timed exclusive (on xbox), people saying they would boycot going forwards.
(by end of 2018, it was at 4m sales worldwide (sales were abit on the lower side, but Square Enix said they where "happy enough about sales")

Anthem:
This was super over-hyped. And it just faceplanted, soon after release.

CyberPunk 2077:
This was supposed to be for the PS4/XB1 consoles, and its buggy, has texture streaming issues, low res, runs down to 14fps on the XB1s.

Assasins Creed - Valhalla:
The xbox version, had more bugs, a light source/shadow issue that hurt performance, and it ran better on the PS5 at launch than the XSX.

Has there been more I just forgot about?
It seems like MS/XBox has a unlucky streak, about picking marketing deals.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 18 December 2020

Followed the link - worked like a charm! Maybe I'll pick it back up again a year from now whenever I get a PS5 and they patch the hell out of it - but only for bargain bin prices. Will never buy their games again at launch.

JRPGfan said:
LurkerJ said:

Ark:
This was a xbox deal too right? Another game, that was a horrendous mess of bugs, and ran like crap on consoles.

PUBG:
So this was a sucess, but right afterwards, out comes Fornite, which just massively overshadows it.
PS fans didnt feel like they where missing out in the least. PUBG was also a mess of bugs and bad performance, at launch.

backlash over a stable PS title, being a timed exclusive (on xbox), people saying they would boycot going forwards.
(by end of 2018, it was at 4m sales worldwide (sales were abit on the lower side, but Square Enix said they where "happy enough about sales")

Anthem:

CyberPunk 2077:
This was supposed to be for the PS4/XB1 consoles, and its buggy, has texture streaming issues, low res, runs down to 14fps on the XB1s.

The xbox version, had more bugs, a light source/shadow issue that hurt performance, and it ran better on the PS5 at launch than the XSX.

I'm only joking, but MS should have suspected something was wrong when Sony didn't got the marketing deal for those games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TonsofPuppies said:
DonFerrari said:

It is funny seeming Xbox fans around several medias after complaining of Sony refund policy being bad now celebrating that you can only digitally buy this mess on Xbox.

I guess you have to take all the wins you can right @sales2099 since the multiplats on PS5 have been working better than on Series X most of time right?

Go easy on him. It's gotta be tough to have fallen for MS's "most powerful console" marketing schtick only to find out that your precious box runs multiplatform games noticeably worse than the "inferior" competitor's box. That sorta thing will keep you up at night.

It’s true, specs don’t lie. You just can’t judge a console by launch titles. The late SDK messed them up in the short term, good thing a generation is several years long. 

@Don you can complain about both. Sony does have the worst refund policy. Now they did this. We lose no face by adapting to the news as it happens. 

I don’t see MS having to do the same thing. The Series X is the best console version you can play. I saw screens where the PS version cant render a 5th of the NPCs as the Series X. It’s a buggy mess, but it’s a amazing game underneath it all. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Sooooo technically Cyberpunk is a digital Xbox console exclusive :)

With any luck the plummeting stock prices gonna make CD look mighty tasty to Phil Spencer haha

Wow you're right! They are down considerably right now and could more easily be bought out. Would be a good time to pounce!

DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:

Ark:

PUBG:

Anthem:

CyberPunk 2077:

I'm only joking, but MS should have suspected something was wrong when Sony didn't got the marketing deal for those games.

I bet they knew exactly why. They just didnt give a shit. Theres a reason why they get along so well with EA after all.

sales2099 said:

Sooooo technically Cyberpunk is a digital Xbox console exclusive :)

With any luck the plummeting stock prices gonna make CD look mighty tasty to Phil Spencer haha

The current stock price is still higher than the start of the year, also should note the stock price has little to do with the amount required for a takeover. 

sales2099 said:
TonsofPuppies said:

Go easy on him. It's gotta be tough to have fallen for MS's "most powerful console" marketing schtick only to find out that your precious box runs multiplatform games noticeably worse than the "inferior" competitor's box. That sorta thing will keep you up at night.

It’s true, specs don’t lie. You just can’t judge a console by launch titles. The late SDK messed them up in the short term, good thing a generation is several years long. 

@Don you can complain about both. Sony does have the worst refund policy. Now they did this. We lose no face by adapting to the news as it happens. 

I don’t see MS having to do the same thing. The Series X is the best console version you can play. I saw screens where the PS version cant render a 5th of the NPCs as the Series X. It’s a buggy mess, but it’s a amazing game underneath it all. 

Not really, the performance mode of PS5 is a lot smoother than Series X (and I could swear you preferred 60fps). But still the game isn't on good condition in no console and have issues on PC as well. But go and celebrate to your heart content.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Not really, the performance mode of PS5 is a lot smoother than Series X (and I could swear you preferred 60fps). But still the game isn't on good condition in no console and have issues on PC as well. But go and celebrate to your heart content.

Like I said the NPC rendering is a factor. Depends how you like your immersion: Xboxs bustling city or Sony’s covid lockdown city. And yes I will thank you.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.