By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 better on Stadia than console?

Tagged games:

So, apparently it seems that the console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are plagued with issues. More so on the last gen platform than the new gen platforms, but even on these are issues. PC version is clearly the way the game was intended to play. But another version is working well without bigger issues: the Stadia version. What do you think about Stadia owners getting a better experience than console owners for this game?

The Verge is saying:

"It may be hard to believe, but the Google Stadia version of Cyberpunk 2077 may be the best way to play for most players right now. Unless you have a 20 or 30 Series Nvidia GPU or comparable AMD card or you were lucky enough to get a PS5 or Xbox Series X / S, this game will not be performing anywhere close to how it was designed to."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22167303/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-console-google-stadia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTu2GHeUCfE

Last edited by Mnementh - on 14 December 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Stadia is a garbage platform, and one new 2020 game that sees Stadia as the place to be over two 2013 consoles is probably going to be it's peak moment, superceding the previous high of "better than Atari Box".

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

Stadia is a garbage platform, and one new 2020 game that sees Stadia as the place to be over two 2013 consoles is probably going to be it's peak moment, superceding the previous high of "better than Atari Box".

It isn't the last gen platforms alone though. Stadia performs with much more stable framerate and more often at the ceiling of the dynamic resolution than PS5 and Series X. Faster texture loading make the visuals smoother. And it has the option to choose between performance and visual mode, the PS5 is missing.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
COKTOE said:

It isn't the last gen platforms alone though. Stadia performs with much more stable framerate and more often at the ceiling of the dynamic resolution than PS5 and Series X. Faster texture loading make the visuals smoother. And it has the option to choose between performance and visual mode, the PS5 is missing.

Those aren't the true new-gen versions of 2077 though. That is the last gen version running on the new gen consoles.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Mnementh said:

Those aren't the true new-gen versions of 2077 though. That is the last gen version running on the new gen consoles.

Yeah well, this doesn't change the fact that the experience is not as great as on Stadia. It may or may not be better with a patch, but Stadia players got the full experience from the start.

Around the Network

The game is actually even better on meth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It probably is, but then again it’s also Stadia

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Well the game looks like a garbage-pile so far, so who cares. I realize it's a successful game but the people who already bought it aren't going to spend money converting to Stadia because of it. 

Yeah but it's Stadia. I'd play it on Switch squished down in 140P before I'd play it on Stadia. I'm being serious.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I can't imagine how the grunt workers (developers, graphic designers, animators, etc) feel about all this. They gave so much time and energy to this, even having management force crunch on them, only to be forced to release it in this state and have it torn to shreds because of it. There are a lot of people that only buy a game or are a movie when they are brand new. If they are being told to wait until patches come then quite a good chunk of them will just never end up buying the game. I'm one of those people. If a movie or game is coming out and I want it, I typically buy it day or go see it opening weekend. If I wait even a week later, my interest is reduced drastically and I'm likely to not buy or see it. Not every person is like that I know, but I'm sure there are enough of us that it will hurt Cyperpunks legs even after they fix the game. Next weekend the game will be yesterday's news to people like me, and I doubt the fixes they need to send out will be ready by then.

They really should have just delayed it again. I can't imagine how mad those workers are at their bosses for their silly timetables. This is why a game shouldn't even be known to the public until 9 months before release. We don't need 3-4 years of hyping a game up, if we did Nintendo would be out of business. There is a reason Nintendo games aren't buggy messes and it's because they don't start talking about them (with few exceptions) until they are within 9 months of release. By that point it's just polish work and manufacturing discs. Consumers do not need to know about a games existence more than 9 months out, NDAed alpha testers being an exception.