By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beware! If you enter this thread, you'll become an NPC

After you read the UPDATED OP, what do you think of this idea?

WHAT A BIG PILE OF SHIT. 1 16.67%

It's terrible... 0 0%

It's bad. 0 0%

It's... meh. 0 0%

It's... ok. 0 0%

It's cool! 0 0%

It's awesome!! 0 0%

OH MY GOD, THIS SHOULD GO DOWN IN HISTORY!!! 1 16.67%

I'm just curious about the results. 1 16.67%

Here's a useless option. 3 50.00%

Total:6

Okay, so you're an NPC now. What should you do? Well, you have three options:

Basic. Just post your line(s) of dialog.

Standard. Add some context, like who you are, what your role is or what kind of game you're in.

Definitive. Don't just add the context: use it to create a mini-story about your NPC which also includes your line(s) of dialog.

If you want, you can also make your post interactive by adding a few possible answers at the end. That way, other users can choose one of them and post the fragment of dialog that would follow if the player had selected that.

Also, if you want to make a regular answer to someone's post, it could be nice if you'd try to do it as an NPC.

And that's it. The next post in this thread will serve as an example of a stardard post with some interactivity. You can choose one of the options there and write what that NPC (or a different one joining the conversation) would say in that case, or you can just make your own post.

So, with all the mechanics already explained, are you ready for a life of standing still in the same spot for years and years and years? If so, let's begin!

Last edited by Verter - on 07 December 2020

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Around the Network

I'm a warrior in an action game, waiting for a fierce battle to begin. The main character moves closer to me, and I say:

"Bad times we live in, huh? Yesterday, I was so happy at my goat farm with my family and now..., now I'm just about to die in the hands of some unknown savage, for God knows what reason..."

Spoiler!
  • You're not going to die. Not today.
  • That's life. There's nothing we can do about it.
  • We know the reason. We just don't like it.
  • Those people are not some savage tribe. They're just like us.
  • Do you really have a goat farm?

How would this dialog continue after one of these options was chosen by the player?

Last edited by Verter - on 07 December 2020

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Tag

Love and tolerate.

SHEPARD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

SHEPARD

Is that all, boy? Remember: don't just move the mass; try to also cause an effect.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Around the Network

Any of the talkative NPCs from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/ Emilio, Paco they all sound guys you can grab a beer with afterwork and gripe about random shit.

foodfather said:

Any of the talkative NPCs from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/ Emilio, Paco they all sound guys you can grab a beer with afterwork and gripe about random shit.

Like my old man used to say: "Don't trust a machine that talks like a human - you never know when you'll find yourself in a loop."

I'm mostly a lurker now.

LEAVE YOUR LIFE OR MONEY.

SanAndreasX said:

LEAVE YOUR LIFE OR MONEY.

Hey boss, why not both? I like to play funny games with little rats, and this one here looks indeed like a little funny rat.

Spoiler!

And the player says:

• I'm gonna play a little game with your monkey face, motherfucker.
  • I don't have time for this... I'm leaving.
  • I'm here for the guns. Just tell me where you're hiding them and we'll be fine.
  • THE MONEY! I'LL LEAVE YOU THE MONEY!

Then...

I'm mostly a lurker now.