By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GB or GBA coming to Switch Soon!

Having never owned any of the gameboy systems I would be interested in this. I would be more interested in getting N64 this year followed by Gamecube next year, but I will take the GB or GBA.

Around the Network

I want GB, GBC, and GBA really soon. Add N64, GCN, and probably Wii while you're at it.
DS, 3DS, and Wii U obviously won't work because of the two screens.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

GB and GBC are classed as one platform by Nintendo GBC was after all a pro model of GB.

Even though there were cartridges that only worked on the GBC?

Yes it's why GB and GBC numbers are grouped together.

I'm all for GBA. Less enthused for GB, but I'd still give the games a shot.

Would be very great.

Around the Network

Nice, so around 2023 I might no longer have to use my Wii U to play GBA!

I still hate that the Virtual Console is tied to the online fee.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That would be great as the service really needs a dose of fresher games. Fingers crossed there's gonna be a decent selection of GB, GBC and GBA games soon.

Darwinianevolution said:

Absolutely agree. If at least they actually used the potential of streaming it wouldn't be so bad. Imagine a streaming service that also had N64, GC, Wii and DS games - Nintendo could easily double their annual fee for NSO or make the "premium" streaming service a separate tier and charge extra money for it. But right now there's just not a lot NSO has going for it compared to a traditional virtual console.

Darwinianevolution said:

You'd rather spend $5-10 each for these games than $20 a year for any of them at anytime that also enables other benefits? Or do you wish these older games would just be free and Nintendo's online service not cost anything?

In my opinion, I would pay for the $20 a year simply because their games have better connection than the free internet days of Wii and Wii U. I view the games as free already, therefore.

shikamaru317 said:

Give me FireRed/LeafGreen on Switch and I will sub to get it.

And this right here is how they will continue to grow subscribers lol. There are probably plenty of people holding out for their system of choice, or that "one game" they can't resist. I'm hoping the groundwork they lay here will allow Switch 2 to have whatever Switch had on day one in terms of older games so they can hit the ground running.