By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GB or GBA coming to Switch Soon!

What is the point?

The support in the past for virtual consoles has been poor. Which has me mind blown. Wouldn't be hard to have a digital platform that will always work on all systems going forward.

Around the Network

Sounds good to me - but just give me Mario RPG first dammit Nintendo!

I can definitely do with some Golden Sun, Pokemon Red, and Advance Wars on Switch though

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I still hate that the Virtual Console is tied to the online fee.

You'd rather spend $5-10 each for these games than $20 a year for any of them at anytime that also enables other benefits? Or do you wish these older games would just be free and Nintendo's online service not cost anything?

In my opinion, I would pay for the $20 a year simply because their games have better connection than the free internet days of Wii and Wii U. I view the games as free already, therefore.

I barely play online anymore, and 20€ every year to just have access to older games is not really worth it. I'd rather spend the money to own the games I want to play anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Great feature if true.
GB and GBA had some classics.

There are probably 30-40 older games I would buy over time from older systems. Maybe more. And if they all cost $10 on average (I'm thinking N64 and GameCube, if they come out, will cost more than this but let's just keep it to an average), then that's $300-400 I would spend. I spend $20 a year. It would take twenty years of me spending that annual fee before I would have spent less on those purchases. And there will, I have no doubt, be many more systems and games added to the service by that point, so it may never be achievable to save more money by simply buying the games unless you only get 1-2 of them a year and aren't interested in the rest.

Around the Network

Nice !

Yes they need to add more games for NSO no doubt about it, we just got more NES and SNES for those online services.

The gameboy had a lot of fun games and it probably is a lot easier to add games, but I think that with the momentum Nintendo is having, adding N64 with online multiplayer for games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Goldeneye(pretty much impossible), Waverace, Smash and other multiplayer games, could help boost a great feature of the switch that I feel it hasn't really taken off, which is the local multiplayer. It can also boost family interaction as parents that grew up with N64 could enjoy these multiplayer games with their kids.

With this same thing in mind, I wish we could get TMNT II and Chip n' Dale on the NES library.