Do you use Edge?

Yes, it's my main browser 10 17.54%

sometimes, I switch around between browsers 7 12.28%

No, I mainly use Chrome 14 24.56%

No, I mainly use Firefox 15 26.32%

No, I mainly use Safari 4 7.02%

No, I mainly use a different browser 7 12.28%

Total:57

Most people never use a browser to an extend where it matters which you use. I use Edge on my gaming PC because it's dedicated and I refuse to install applications that I don't need for gaming.

Otherwise I'm all in for Google. Making full use of their big data by using as many of their services as possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I went from IE > Firefox > Chrome > Firefox > Chrome.

I’ve used Edge a bit as an extra browser but don’t have any impressions of it. But I’ll probably switch back to Firefox soon on my new PC because they improved a lot as well around the time I switched back to it the first time. The reason I went back to Chrome again was because I had some issues with VGCharts on Firefox, but I think it should be fine now.

I’ll try out Edge some more though and see if I like it better.

I used to be an Opera junkie until the WebKit transition killed the Presto backbone that made it so enjoyable to use, and now am sticking with an older Chrome build from before the transition to the fugly new UI. Edge looks good, but it doesn't look like the kind of browser that can run 91+ concurrent tabs +28 or so extensions that alter the pages.

I never use Chrome or Edge.

Firefox and Safari are fine as is.

Mainly Firefox, secondarily Chrome. I left IE around 2002, IIRC, when, after cleaning up the PC after a trojan infected it, but luckily malfunctioned, I discovered that even telling IE to never save sensible data, it did it anyway and stealthily in that darn index.dat file, that back then was very unsafe too in case of malware, as it wasn't encrypted, just obfuscated. From then on I never trusted IE again, using it only for Windows Update as long as MS kept on requiring it for that task. Later for a while FF got worse, so I used mainly Chrome, but it was, and still is, a memory hog, so I had to keep a lot fewer open tabs. When FF bettered again I switched again to it as main browser. BTW, with Firefox and Thunderbird it's very easy to use the same local account with different OS'.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Edge is just a reskinned version of Chrome, so it doesn't really make much difference...

It's the browser equivalent of Xbox vs PS.... without browser exclusive websites...

I switched to Edge a few years back now after using Chrome for many years mainly due to how much memory Chrome used and the fact that Edge was the only browser that supported 1080p+ for Netflix compared to others been limited to 720p.

Firefox all the way, it's great and more people should use it IMHO.
People mentioned some sites not loading correctly (Eurogamer), but I can access that site 100% fine with no problem with FF.
I like anti-fingerprinting is built in standard, because doing that as plugin in other browsers ends up looking more unique to trackers.
Only complaint is recent update, before you could search with non-default engines by just clicking their icon, now you also must press Enter. (boohoo)

Never use Edge, I do have Chromium installed but never use it.

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 29 November 2020

I left Chrome this year to go back to Firefox. Webpages started to seem to know too much about my interests.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

mutantsushi said:

Firefox all the way, it's great and more people should use it IMHO.
People mentioned some sites not loading correctly (Eurogamer), but I can access that site 100% fine with no problem with FF.
I like anti-fingerprinting is built in standard, because doing that as plugin in other browsers ends up looking more unique to trackers.
Only complaint is recent update, before you could search with non-default engines by just clicking their icon, now you also must press Enter. (boohoo)

Never use Edge, I do have Chromium installed but never use it.

I prefer Firefox, but have no clue why Eurogamer.net won't load anymore or why Imgur always gives me "Zoinks you have taken a wrong turn". I don't have any logins or passwords stored, the only extension is viewhance which I guess came from FF itself.

Anyway I fixed it by deleting the cookies and site data for those sites and logging in again. I was just too lazy to figure out how and used Edge for those 2.