By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UnCHaRTeD DRaKe'S FoRTuNe.. is HoT

Well Resistance is over a million. That was a new IP. I think that this one can get 1 mil.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Resistance was a launch title, so right TIME. Uncharted, as a launch title, would have sold as well as, resistance's numbers. It wont do that at this point.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Nope, looks exactly like the type of game i would go nuts over. BUT heres why it wont hit a million. First, its a New IP - Noone knows Uncharted from Adam. Second, its got an identity crisis - Is it a shooter? An indiana jones style adventure? A puzzle solving romp ala zelda? Third, Install base in its target market. - The 360 consolidated most of its market share (unintentionally) in the USA, so when a game doesnt sell in japan, it doesnt matter. With the PS3, it NEEDS Japan AND USA for a bona-Fide Mega hit. Uncharted will be exactly that in Japan, Un-Charted. Fourth, It will be launchnig against STIFF competition - This will be the final nail. Why pay $700 for uncharted, when you already have an X360, and similar games are coming, sure they wont look as pretty, but they dont have to. Why try a NEW game/IP/Genre when you have GTA and Halo, Mario and Metroid. Gears of War launched at the perfect time, Uncharted doesnt have that Luxury.

Gamers know Uncharted, being 1s party and one of Sonys most praised games it will get major marketing. 

Its a great game thats what it is, if you like shooters action adventure you will like it.  Appeals to a massive audience.

Around 2.5 million PS3s with out japan (now), they payed $600 they want great games, they want then badly.

Stiff competition yes but non of its diretcly competes with Uncharted, like i said plenty already payed $600.

Its launching for Xmas, what better time is there.  Good chance it will be the big thing from Sony for xmas, that menas massive xmas marketing support.  

It is not a 1st party game, it is developed by Naughty Dog. It is a Second Party title, at BEST. We dont know that its even a GOOD game, let alone a great one. Of those 2.5 million PS3's how many bought them for BluRay players? How many Bought them for NON FPS style, adventure games? ow many bought them for Online play, and not single player adventures? Yes, other games coming out in this timeframe DIRECTLY competes with uncharted, and we havent even seen this years "Lost Planet's" or "Dead Rising's" which i am sure are coming.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

i will buy it. it's great!

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:
It is not a 1st party game, it is developed by Naughty Dog. It is a Second Party title, at BEST. We dont know that its even a GOOD game, let alone a great one. Of those 2.5 million PS3's how many bought them for BluRay players? How many Bought them for NON FPS style, adventure games? ow many bought them for Online play, and not single player adventures? Yes, other games coming out in this timeframe DIRECTLY competes with uncharted, and we havent even seen this years "Lost Planet's" or "Dead Rising's" which i am sure are coming.

Get your facts right, Sony owns Naughty Dog they own the ip if thats not 1st party i dont know what is.  LOL when have peope ever got a playstation for FPS only.

Just a hater, no need to debate with you.

Gears was a new IP so was the first Halo, you do know that successful franchises start with as new IPs right? lol I think it will be a big seller (2nd on the PS3 only to GTA IV).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

yeah, that will be a HUGE game. =) with good hype, it could sell pretty much. time will show, but after crysis, i don`t think, someone will have chance to impress with graphics, probably that is why halo3 is released in september.. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Resistance was a launch title, so right TIME. Uncharted, as a launch title, would have sold as well as, resistance's numbers. It wont do that at this point.

So which is it, need to be a launch title or need a higher install base?  As good as the game looks, it could easily get extremely high reviews and end up selling very well.  God of War did well as a new IP too.

CrazzyMan said:
yeah, that will be a HUGE game. =) with good hype, it could sell pretty much. time will show, but after crysis, i don`t think, someone will have chance to impress with graphics, probably that is why halo3 is released in september.. =))

The install base for Crysis is probably lower than the PS3 install base. Crysis requires Vista, and a ridiculous video card.  I don't think many people will see that game, heh.  Oh wait, it might cause people to upgrade just to play it...surely not...