By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UnCHaRTeD DRaKe'S FoRTuNe.. is HoT

This has been named.. even by G4TV which is basically run by xbox fanboys as Sony's Gears of War. Also the shooting from what IGN and all the other reviews that went said the controls are perfect.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Crysis is not gonna sell well neither is Halo 2 on PC...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Uncharted definitely has potential, but it certainly does have stiff competition. For the holiday season, forget the other platforms. On the PS3 alone, it has to compete with GTAIV, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Haze, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Singstar, Guitar Hero 3, and Ratchet and Clank, among others. GTAIV is practically guaranteed a million seller, as is Guitar Hero 3. But who else?

Well, I find the game attractive, but I'm not sure either it will be huge.

First, it obviously still need a lot of work and I tend not to trust released windows anymore, especially on PS3. Too many promising games are postponed for various reasons. So Xmas 2007 ?

(and don't go nuts just after this sample because if you watch closely videos, there were many, many bugs)

Secondly, it's true that it's a new IP (with a weird Larry Croft ID) and that it will face big big challengers (Halo 3, GTA) during a period where everybody draw big guns. How much Sony can push this game yet remains to see.

Third, it's indeed Naughty Dog. And while they used to do good stuff, Jak 3 was total shit (and I finish it) and I won't even talk about Jak X. They need to convince that beyond promising graphics, there will be a good game.

windbane said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Resistance was a launch title, so right TIME. Uncharted, as a launch title, would have sold as well as, resistance's numbers. It wont do that at this point.

So which is it, need to be a launch title or need a higher install base?  As good as the game looks, it could easily get extremely high reviews and end up selling very well.  God of War did well as a new IP too.

One or the Other, Right now, Uncharted has neither. And dont EVEN bring God of War into this, if we run the numbers on God of War, 2.48 million Sales, on a 120 million console Userbase, and Interpolate that to PS3 (and ill be VERY generous, and bump PS3 to 10million before Uncharteds release) and we get 206,000 Sales, assuming equal attach rates.

Now, things arent equal, and early in the consoles life cycle, when less are broken, returned, or unusued which a LARGE portion of the PS2s are, we can expect a higher attach percentage, so lets up it 4 fold from GoW and we get 824,000

Which is right around the sales number i think Uncharted will sputter out at, good number, a successful game, but not a million seller.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

what is wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!  all jaks were awesome, except jak x which was good.

uncharted does not have an identity crisis, it is all of those things.  knowing naughty dog they will make everything really sharp and polished, but it does need work.  this game can have a lot of mainstream appeal and everyone has basically been praising it, saying that with work it will be great.  i think this will be the ps3 big game this fall, yes bigger than kz2.  I'll i can say is that this is my biggest game of the year and im just waiting waiting waiting for more info.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Celb said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
It is not a 1st party game, it is developed by Naughty Dog. It is a Second Party title, at BEST. We dont know that its even a GOOD game, let alone a great one. Of those 2.5 million PS3's how many bought them for BluRay players? How many Bought them for NON FPS style, adventure games? ow many bought them for Online play, and not single player adventures? Yes, other games coming out in this timeframe DIRECTLY competes with uncharted, and we havent even seen this years "Lost Planet's" or "Dead Rising's" which i am sure are coming.

Get your facts right, Sony owns Naughty Dog they own the ip if thats not 1st party i dont know what is.  LOL when have peope ever got a playstation for FPS only.

Just a hater, no need to debate with you.

That doesnt make it a First Party Title.

As i said SECOND PARTY.

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

naughty dog is a studio owning by sony.  sony owns the ip.  is it possible to get anymore first party than that.  maybe we should just bring jaffe over here to swear you out that it is first party and that sony first party rocks.

ratchet and clank is a first party game developed by a second party.  you know the psp game?  if it was owned by insomniac they wouldnt have made it.  sony used their ownership (therefore first party) to give the development to a different developer.

final fantasy is a third part game developed by a third party.  we all know that one though. 

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Wait, Uncharted is supposed to be the PS3's huge system seller? Another thread has Warhawk touted as that game, and wasn't it supposed to be Lair a week or so ago, and Heavenly Sword a couple weeks before that, and LBP a couple weeks before that, ..., and Motorstorm a couple weeks before that, and Resistence before that? I'm getting confused, which game is it? Or would the assumption that it's whatever piece of eyecandy has pics/videos/demos released that week be correct?

At any rate, I don't think anyone can know which of the PS3's big games will do well this year and which won't (do we even know for sure which will be released this year?). Some should do reasonably well, 1-2 million range, but they can't all do those numbers. Not only will some undoutedly fall flat in gameplay, but the PS3's user base won't be able to support that many games, and gamers as a whole have too many established AAA games and systems (let's not forget, most haven't upgraded yet) to buy to be shelling out a lot on new IP's. I also wonder how many will be rushed to deal with poor sales and end up feeling flat like Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker. That's forgivable for established franchises but can be fatal to new IP's.

No, First Party is SONY - MICROSOFT - NINTENDO Second Party are companies OWNED BY THE ABOVE 3 HALO is not First Party, yet it is owned by Microsoft. MARIO GOLF is not First Party. and UNCHARTED is not First Party, despite being owned by SONY.

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626