By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UnCHaRTeD DRaKe'S FoRTuNe.. is HoT

The game promises pleanty of action, exploration, and (of course) platforming. It remains to be seen whether or not Naughty Dog's new IP will hold its own when compared with both the rest of the next generation games and even when compared with the previous offerings from Naughty Dog. However, knowing Naughty Dog's attention to detail and commitment to quality, this is looking to be one incredible game.  I personally think its gonna be a Hit... a mega hit... but thats just me...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

Wow, lots of pics...it looks very pretty.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Just hope it plays well. I saw some PoP like acrobatics, which is nice. The shooting seemed like it could use help, from what I saw on the trailers.

I think it SHOULD  be a mega hit, but the install base of the PS3 is just too smallto do it.

I dont see this as a system seller (NEW IP generally arent), and i dont see this doing ANY kind of business in Japan, sadly.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

yea the game looks great. I will def. be picking it up. I like the guys shoes too haha.

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:

I think it SHOULD be a mega hit, but the install base of the PS3 is just too smallto do it.

I dont see this as a system seller (NEW IP generally arent), and i dont see this doing ANY kind of business in Japan, sadly.

Look at Gears, user base was what 6/7 million when it came out.  Japan does not matter, this will do great in every other market.  Uncharted will be out just in time for xmas frenzy, it will be a "mega" hit.

I dont think it wil happen, Drake will top out at under a million.

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Quantum-Tarantino said:
I dont think it wil happen, Drake will top out at under a million.

Thats cold you hate the game or something.  Resistance did around 700k in US alone, you think Uncharted wont top that.

Why would it not surpass a million ? 

of course it will hit a million. proly by end of the year if the game is released in all territories. if not prolly by feb. especially now that most of the heavy hitters like MGS, FF13 and DMC wont release in 07. PS3 owners will need some game to replace thoes pushed back. uncharted can be a mega hit if the gameplay and story is as great as expected.

Nope, looks exactly like the type of game i would go nuts over. BUT heres why it wont hit a million. First, its a New IP - Noone knows Uncharted from Adam. Second, its got an identity crisis - Is it a shooter? An indiana jones style adventure? A puzzle solving romp ala zelda? Third, Install base in its target market. - The 360 consolidated most of its market share (unintentionally) in the USA, so when a game doesnt sell in japan, it doesnt matter. With the PS3, it NEEDS Japan AND USA for a bona-Fide Mega hit. Uncharted will be exactly that in Japan, Un-Charted. Fourth, It will be launchnig against STIFF competition - This will be the final nail. Why pay $700 for uncharted, when you already have an X360, and similar games are coming, sure they wont look as pretty, but they dont have to. Why try a NEW game/IP/Genre when you have GTA and Halo, Mario and Metroid. Gears of War launched at the perfect time, Uncharted doesnt have that Luxury.

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626