By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UnCHaRTeD DRaKe'S FoRTuNe.. is HoT

Quantum-Tarantino said:
No, First Party is SONY - MICROSOFT - NINTENDO Second Party are companies OWNED BY THE ABOVE 3 HALO is not First Party, yet it is owned by Microsoft. MARIO GOLF is not First Party. and UNCHARTED is not First Party, despite being owned by SONY.

then that would mean that no studio is first party because all developers working for the 3 were bought by the about 3 meaning Mario Galaxy is second party... 

Second party means a studio not owned by the company that makes their games exclusively for a system like Insomniac. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Calm down guys, we don't need to argue about the definition of First and Second party games as it doesn't really change anything. As for the game, it looks nice graphics wise, and I could see it selling really well in NA, but to be honest I don't know much about it and its hard to tell what sort of gameplay to expect from the pics or video's I've seen and that makes me think it might not do as well as expected. In my experience people like strongly typed entertainment. If you can classify a game, then people know about what to expect. If a game is a bit of this and a bit of that, it might just end up turning everyone off OR it might attract everyone, but thats a gamble and because of that I'd wait and see on how well it actually sells.

how do you not know what first party devs are?  they are owned by the console manufacturer.  second party means it is not owned but are published by the console manufacturer. 

mario ip is owned by nintendo therefore all games are first party, but might be produced by second parties. halo is a first party game. 

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

here we go. from wikipedia: # First-party developer, a division of a console manufacturer, who develops games for the company's video game console # Second-party developer, a company that is tied to, and makes games specifically for, a console manufacturer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_party do not argue with wikipedia

Im not, you are. Naughty Dog is NOT A DIVISION of SONY. It is an independant company owned by the SONY Corporation. There is a HUGE difference. Naughty dog is a company that is tied to, and makes games specifically for, a console manufacturer

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network
soccerdrew17 said:

how do you not know what first party devs are?  they are owned by the console manufacturer.  second party means it is not owned but are published by the console manufacturer. 

mario ip is owned by nintendo therefore all games are first party, but might be produced by second parties. halo is a first party game. 

Explain Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

First Party Nintendo, or First Party Sega. Cant be both, and explain your answer, in context to your previous posts.

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

second party sega. sega doesnt manufacture a console, but they are developing the game. it is an olympic game which makes it not nintendo. the fact that mario is in it is besides the point. would you count ssx as first or second party game because it has mario?

hell i'll buy 2 copies then, and there goes your figures! ;)

It'll either be a hit or miss!

soccerdrew17 said:
second party sega. sega doesnt manufacture a console, but they are developing the game. it is an olympic game which makes it not nintendo. the fact that mario is in it is besides the point. would you count ssx as first or second party game because it has mario?

But you ALSO stated this

mario ip is owned by nintendo therefore all games are first party

And Described Second Party as this.

Second-party developer, a company that is tied to, and makes games specifically for, a console manufacturer

So, for Sega to be Second party, they need to be TIED to nintendo, they clearly arent.

But you stated that the inclusion on Mario makes it a first party title, as Nintendo owns the IP of Mario.

SSX is neither First NOR second party, as it has NO affiliation with Nintendo. They LISCENCED  a character for use on the nintendo console, nothing more.

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626