By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2020 (Nov 16 - Nov 22)

src said:

Not sure why that one guy tries to point out 10-12 million like its some error. PS4 MHW is already nearing 9 million. It will easily reach 10 million before MHW2 lmao

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

PS: Nintendo : PC : XB
44 : 27 : 24 : 5

PS software sales almost bigger than all other platforms combined.

We already saw this with MHW, where PS4 sales (53%) was greater than everything else combined. Its no wonder Capcom and Playstation have gotten very close the past gen: Capcoms entire bottom line relies more on PS than everything else combined.

I'd expect things to be even more skewed to Playstation for Square Enix

Why not include Wii sales of Okami so we compare between 2 Ninty consoles and 2 Sony?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
src said:

Not sure why that one guy tries to point out 10-12 million like its some error. PS4 MHW is already nearing 9 million. It will easily reach 10 million before MHW2 lmao

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

We already saw this with MHW, where PS4 sales (53%) was greater than everything else combined. Its no wonder Capcom and Playstation have gotten very close the past gen: Capcoms entire bottom line relies more on PS than everything else combined.

Why not include Wii sales of Okami so we compare between 2 Ninty consoles and 2 Sony?

and SW is a late port. Nice try

noshten said:

Momotaro surpasses 750K shipped+digital, unprecedented

The first report is sell-out, this report is sell-in?

Machine translation says cumulative sales, the previous milestone mentioned that they had exceeded 500K

noshten said:

Machine translation says cumulative sales, the previous milestone mentioned that they had exceeded 500K

nobody can read Nihongo?

thanks

Around the Network
src said:

3.18 does not include ME, which includes World. You're easily looking at 3.5 million+ which is exactly what I was predicting.

Nice try lol

Except someone earlier pointed out ME is included in your figures it's not a nice try it's reality something you're having a hard time grasping in the many threads you go in.

Edit:

Capcom's official page

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

This basically shows those figures include ME and that your Iceborne numbers are incorrect so again not a nice try it's just reality.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 01 December 2020

src said:

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

You're being disingenuous with the Switch sales, missing the context that it was a (very) late port. A good amount of the games you previously mentioned (Atelier, P5S, etc.) were not on a Nintendo console before so their sales on Switch only add to what the PS4 versions eventually sold. The only exception is the Trials of Mana remake, though it may have been different in the West. By the way, why isn't the Collection of Mana not on PS4? :P

Those added sales are only a good thing. Hopefully with MHR and Stories 2, Capcom will build a greater partnership with Nintendo just like Koei Tecmo has during this period. Can only be good things if they continue to work together.

Just like the PC and Xbone versions of MHW only added to the sales of the PS4 version, which is a good thing for the brand.

brute said:
src said:

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

Maybe because the titles is Okami HD...

I like how you forget the PS2 SKU as well...

Wyrdness said:
src said:

3.18 does not include ME, which includes World. You're easily looking at 3.5 million+ which is exactly what I was predicting.

Nice try lol

Except someone earlier pointed out ME is included in your figures it's not a nice try it's reality something you're having a hard time grasping in the many threads you go in.

Edit:

Capcom's official page

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

This basically shows those figures include ME and that your Iceborne numbers are incorrect so again not a nice try it's just reality.

Nope. Capcoms internal data leak is formatted differently to their external one.

Nice try again.

Kai_Mao said:
src said:

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

You're being disingenuous with the Switch sales, missing the context that it was a (very) late port. A good amount of the games you previously mentioned (Atelier, P5S, etc.) were not on a Nintendo console before so their sales on Switch only add to what the PS4 versions eventually sold. The only exception is the Trials of Mana remake, though it may have been different in the West. By the way, why isn't the Collection of Mana not on PS4? :P

Those added sales are only a good thing. Hopefully with MHR and Stories 2, Capcom will build a greater partnership with Nintendo just like Koei Tecmo has during this period. Can only be good things if they continue to work together.

Just like the PC and Xbone versions of MHW only added to the sales of the PS4 version, which is a good thing for the brand.

I dunno, prob another exclusive deal Nintendo paid for. They seem to be doing that a lot for the smaller games, as those are the only ones they can get. The big exception being MH Rise, but its also coming to PC. Further Capcom leaks show two timed SW exclusives and unsurprisingly they seem to be A-AA games.

Not really, its common sense another SKU will add to sales. My point is that the JP publishers, Capcom, SE rely on Playstation more than all other platforms combined. This gives Sony a lot of leverage on them, hence why Playstation has been getting so many third party exclusivity deals:

Capcom: SF5, RE7 VR, MHW, Deep Down

SE: FF/KH collection, Star Ocean, Scarlet Saga, KH 2.8, FF7R, Project Athia, FF16

More leaks:

PC = 1.3M
Original Dragon dogma PS3/X360 = 1.2M
Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen PS3/X360 = 1.1M
Dragon Dogma PS4/X1 = 732K
Dragon Dogma Switch = 298K

DMCV
PS4 1.7M
PC 1.1M
X1 324K

Onimusha HD

PS4 - 207,453
X1 - 39,802
Switch - 111,869
PC - 34,331

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if titles like MHW2, SF6, DD have PS5 exclusivity (PC at launch or later). XB1 has <10% of sales, and SW is non existent in the AAA space

brute said:
src said:

More leaked sales

Okami HD
Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

They just released the sales numbers of Okami HD, the Wii and PS2 versions were not in HD. According to our Database here, both the Wii and PS2 versions sold ~600k, plus 430k for the DS game. Comparing PS2/3/4 vs Wii/DS/Switch, and you get more or less a parity on sales - and that's despite the Wii and the Switch versions were late ports (2 years late for the Wii, 6 years after the PS3 and one year after the PS4/XBO/PC version).

Still, the Switch version sold best despite releasing after the other ones. And the fact that the PS4 version is lagging behind the PS3 and PC versions is telling the audience of the PS4 has slowly shifted away from non-blockbuster or pure otaku Japanese titles.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 02 December 2020