By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2020 (Nov 16 - Nov 22)

src said:
brute said:

Keep this same energy when MH Rise and stories release next year. Compare the numbers and % then from Capcom.

The energy of actually looking at data instead going off ones own biases. Sure.

Capcom has RE8, Pragmata, MH Stories, MH Rise and AA next year. It will definitely be more even amongst PS4/5, PC and SW, however as I pointed out prior with actual data, spinoff MH is the only major Capcom franchise Nintendo has a hold on.

Sony has a hold on RE, MHW, SF, DD, DMC, and presumably their new IP Pragmata.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

And I love how you need to have a delayed launch of the Nintendo version to get Playstation look good against the Switch.

Seriously, both the Wii and the Switch versions were late ports, but that's something you don't want to take into account as it would invalidate your claim. And yet you still needed 2 consoles to beat just one. 

This could not be further from the truth LOL

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/1/16585780/why-monster-hunter-world-isnt-called-monster-hunter-5

MHW was called MH5 internally and now publicly. It was made by the mainline team with the prior mainline director.

MHW2 is called MH6 internally at Capcom.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/rumour_massive_capcom_leak_reveals_dragons_dogma_2_street_fighter_6_new_monster_hunter_onimusha_more

MH Rise is made by the Generations team.

Never seen someone get so much wrong and still act like they're right.

Ehm...

Did you seriously needed to look for a rumor to try and invalidate what is already known? And a shady one at that, because that one looks wayyy too good to be true. Also, it used both Resident Evil and Biohazard despite both of them being 2 different names for the same game series.

Besides, the only thing that was actually leaked was that there will be a port of MHR... but for PC, not any Playstation platform: https://www.vg247.com/2020/11/16/monster-hunter-rise-pc-resident-evil-village-release-date-capcom-leaks/

So looks like the Playstation had just a short stint with the Monster Hunter license and went back to Nintendo now...

Also, again, mainline:

"much like World, Rise retains all the DNA of the monster hunter series that we know and love and is not considered a derivative or spin-off title"

Thats not a rumour. That's an internal data leak, that Capcom themselves admitted to the authorities, with said authorities now trying to find the cybergroup responsible.

Capcom themselves calling MHW2 MH6 means this "debate" is over.

xPhenom08x said:

SRC, do you think MH Rise will sell more than MH World PS4? Reason why I ask is because I don't think it matters if Rise is mainline or not. It will send the Switch sky high regardless. Like if its not mainline do you think it will flop or something? I just don't see the point of mentioning Rise not being mainline when its likely to have the same effect mainline or not.

MH World PS4 will sell around 9.5-10 million LTD. I don't think MHR SW will reach that. MHR is also coming to PC. Will be interesting to see its PC adoption vs World's.

MHR PC + SW could definitely reach that. Capcom's internal sales projection is 9.X million.

What a reality you live in. We'll have fun in src land mate. We in the real world will just have discussions based in what's actually happening.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also