By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry- CoD Black Ops Cold War

The performance for all versions of the game (and various modes) are great. I'm sure in future patches, both versions will be more stable than right now. :)

Around the Network

So Series X performs better with Raytracing on than ps5 does. I tally this one in the Series X favor overall.

hmmm.... seems DF says this runs better on the XSX.
(we heard otherwise from other sources, before this DF video, so I guess it depends on which area of the game is tested)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 23 November 2020

I will go with the 60fps RT mode if I ever get to play it. RT shadows are neat, kinda like it better than reflections.

shikamaru317 said:

If you look at the on-paper specs, it does stand to reason that the Series X would have an advantage in terms of ray tracing. In terms of triangle gigarays per second, the theoretical peak performance of Series X is 94.9 per second, compared to up to 80.3 per second on PS5 (depending on PS5's GPU boost clock), voxel or boxes gigarays per second is 379.6 on XSX and up to 321.5 on PS5. So yeah, XSX having the advantage in raytracing workloads checks out.

Probably.... in the 120fps mode, without ray traceing, the PS5 version is running higher fps in that helicopter scene they show, which they claim is one of the most demanding in the game.
(13:30mins into it or there abouts)

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JRPGfan said:

hmmm.... seems DF says this runs better on the XSX.
(we heard otherwise from other sources, before this DF video, so I guess it depends on which area of the game is tested)

Also OP, you mention demanding scenes for the PS5 can have drops down to 41fps (which lasted like 0,5sec) in the video clip and when a sec or two lateron it was back to 60fps again.

Yet you say its a perfect 60 fps for the XSX.
However the video with DF shows the XSX haveing dips into the 50's too, during the frame rate test part of it.
You never mention that in your compairsion chart thingy.

Do you have a time stamp on that, might have missed something. I saw them show 3 different ray-tracing mode sequences/cutscenes where PS5 had drops, and then they cut to the same sequences/cutscenes on Series X where they appeared to be locked 60.

My bad, that was the Xbox Series S, it had a moment it dropped to 56-57fps in the video.

They mention the 120fps mode the PS5 is the clear leader in the video.
So it looks like 60fps raytraceing favors the XSX, while the 120fps mode favors the PS5.

CoD always looks and performs great. Gotta give Activision props.

honestly both should just say pure 60fps lol.

Check this out: 15mins of frame time graph video: Theres zero drops on either version (below 60).

I think DF found like the only 2 times in the intire game where there are drops on PS5 and choose to show them :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQYpS7I_B8

Really good comparison video and seems both are near identical and surprising pros and cons for both. I am amazed that PS5 performs better than Series X in 120fps mode.

Not impressed. Series S is a bad joke, DF slowly is starting bitchin about it. PS5 and Series X can't run cross gen game with RT with 4K. Where the hell are these RT cores??? Oh, this runs good at 120 FPS. That one dude with 2.1 TV is happy.