By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spiderman (PS4) has sold over 20m units

shikamaru317 said:
First PS4 exclusive to pass 20m this gen if I'm not mistaken. Uncharted 4 was at 15m last official update, Horizon at 10m last official update, God of War 10m last official update.

If the NY Times figure is accurate, God of War is over 20 Million units lifetime too. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

First PS4 exclusive to pass 20m this gen if I'm not mistaken. Uncharted 4 was at 15m last official update, Horizon at 10m last official update, God of War 10m last official update. Considering Sony never announced 20m for those 3, it's probably safe to assume that Spider-Man beat all 3 of them to 20m. 

Wasnt there a thread a little time ago that said GOW 2018 had already passed the 20m sales? I take it there was no official source on that then. 

shikamaru317 said:

First PS4 exclusive to pass 20m this gen if I'm not mistaken. Uncharted 4 was at 15m last official update, Horizon at 10m last official update, God of War 10m last official update. Considering Sony never announced 20m for those 3, it's probably safe to assume that Spider-Man beat all 3 of them to 20m. 

Sony didn't announce this one as well. It was one employee that put it on his resume. GoW most likely already crossed, TLOU+TLOUR have crossed and UC4 is very likely near it as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jpcc86 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Wasnt there a thread a little time ago that GOW 2018 had already passed the 20m sales? I take it there was no official source on that then. 

Yeah, I don't think that was an official number. Wikipedia at least still lists 10m as the last official update from Sony on God of War, 10m as of May 2019.

Guys is there any updated list on the internet of the best selling PS4 games?? Because I tried looking through the internet and all I found were extremely outdated numbers of PS4 game sales lists. If anyone could find an updated list or make one that'll be much appreciated.

Around the Network

Also, its awesome to see PS exclusives get so big, they're now really starting to compete with Nintendo in the exclusive sales category. During the PS1/PS2/PS3 their exclusives were no where near as big, but they're really starting to get their stride on the PS4.

javi741 said:
Guys is there any updated list on the internet of the best selling PS4 games?? Because I tried looking through the internet and all I found were extremely outdated numbers of PS4 game sales lists. If anyone could find an updated list or make one that'll be much appreciated.

Yeah, the last official updates from Sony were quite awhile ago. The latest official figures I can find for PS4 1st party exclusives from this gen:

• Uncharted 4- 15m+ as of March 2019
  • God of War 2018- 10m+ as of March 2019
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn- 10m as of February 2019
  • Gran Turismo Sport- 8m as of June 2019
  • Ghost of Tsushima- 5m as of October 2020
  • The Last of Us 2- 4m first weekend
  • Killzone: Shadowfall- 2.4m as of March 2014
  • Infamous: Second Son- 1m in first 9 days

We never got official numbers for Days Gone as far as I know, though NPD noted that it had the 7th biggest launch month in the US for a Sony published title when it released, though they didn't say which were ahead of it.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 November 2020

All of sonys sale figures are wildly out of date, going by them Spiderman is still at 13m

Fairly deserved, I think. I found it to be a very fun title. Playstation is good at superhero games. Kind of hope that they (Sony in general, I know it's a different internal developer) make an Infamous for Playstation 5, now that I think about it... 

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Another thread about PlayStation first party selling like never before, time for Nintendo fans to remind us how Nintendo first party is making more money, thanks Nintendo fans, we almost forgot.

Must be the eagerness after seeing several years with PS+ alone profiting more than the entirety of Nintendo during WiiU era.

The original poster made the comparison to Nintendo and later on in the thread reiterated that sales comparisons make sense on a sales website. If you guys can't handle comparisons where Sony doesn't come in first, you have the right to stay out of threads, but you don't get to dictate which sales comparisons are okay and which ones are not.

You'd have a point if a Nintendo fan brought up a comparison between Sony and Nintendo, but that's not the case in this thread.

For real. I can't get over the irony that people in this thread are getting mad that Nintendo fans are engaging in sales comparisons that the OP and other Sony fans themselves brought up. It's actually annoying. Don't bring up a sales comparison and then get mad at a fanbase for responding to it. You egged it on. I don't even mind it being discussed mind you, it's just hilarious . 

Any mention of whether these are physical and digital combined or just physical?

Twitter: @d21lewis