By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spiderman (PS4) has sold over 20m units

Any mention of whether these are physical and digital combined or just physical?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

First PS4 exclusive to pass 20m this gen if I'm not mistaken. Uncharted 4 was at *16,2m last official update (May *March 2019), Horizon at 10m last official update (February 2019), God of War *11m last official update (May *March 2019). Considering Sony never announced 20m for those 3, it's probably safe to assume that Spider-Man beat all 3 of them to 20m. 

Actually back in March 2019, Uncharted 4 was at 16,2m. We also got 11m for God of War, then.
There was talk about God of War, doing 20m resently too... spiderman might actually not have been the first.

Sony have just be really quiet about it.
You could probably throw a dice, and use it, to figour if it was Uncharted / God of War / Spiderman, that first hit 20m.

Sony should give updated numbers on game sales tbh.

javi741 said:
Guys is there any updated list on the internet of the best selling PS4 games?? Because I tried looking through the internet and all I found were extremely outdated numbers of PS4 game sales lists. If anyone could find an updated list or make one that'll be much appreciated.

Not that I'm aware, you would need to scavenge data and construct it yourself. The best we would have is looking at Sony financial statement for first party total sales and make supositions based on last official info, latest titles released and NPD/Media Create numbers and work the hell out. Unfortunatelly VGC isn't updating even for physical releases.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
PotentHerbs said:
Nintendo fans really want to talk about revenue/profit when the Playstation walled garden makes more money than the Nintendo walled garden lol?

They probably would like to, yes. After all, Nintendo makes more money than PlayStation.

Clever Response lol (since nintendo is more than Switch in terms of revenue)

HoangNhatAnh said:
Somini said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Otter said:

So Sony are not making any fanfare regarding the 20m milestone, so probably more 1st party games will quitely pass the threshold if they haven't already

They will potentially have 4-6, 20m+ selling exclusives by the time PS4 is discontinued. They're selling 1st party titles at near Nintendo levels

So 20m units solds are at full $60?

You must be a Nintendo fan. No, other companies actually discount the price after a while.

Bold: Everyone here already knew that. 

2nd bold: so near Nintendo levels in number of units sold, not even close in revenue and profit of a big 1st party game.

dont wanna break it to you, but the Switch Tax Exists (which is why there is way less Pricedrops in switch games compared to Wii,Wii U)

Around the Network

The sequel with the iconic black suit, Venom, Carnage and the Goblins will probably do similar numbers.

For the last 10 quarters, FY18/FY19/two quarters this FY, Sony has sold 125 million first party games...so there are going to be a lot of games that are out of date in terms of total sales.

Carl said:
The sequel with the iconic black suit, Venom, Carnage and the Goblins will probably do similar numbers.

Could you please update your sig, it have been years of me getting worried an insect is on my monitor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Another thread about PlayStation first party selling like never before, time for Nintendo fans to remind us how Nintendo first party is making more money, thanks Nintendo fans, we almost forgot.

Must be the eagerness after seeing several years with PS+ alone profiting more than the entirety of Nintendo during WiiU era.

Ah, really? Nintendo made 86% of total PlayStation division profits during PS4 era in just half of the years during Nintendo Switch era.
They already made nearly 9 billion profits from 2017 to 2020 in comparison the whole playstation division made just 10 billion profits from 2013 to 2020.

B6a6es said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Somini said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Otter said:

So Sony are not making any fanfare regarding the 20m milestone, so probably more 1st party games will quitely pass the threshold if they haven't already

They will potentially have 4-6, 20m+ selling exclusives by the time PS4 is discontinued. They're selling 1st party titles at near Nintendo levels

So 20m units solds are at full $60?

You must be a Nintendo fan. No, other companies actually discount the price after a while.

Bold: Everyone here already knew that. 

2nd bold: so near Nintendo levels in number of units sold, not even close in revenue and profit of a big 1st party game.

dont wanna break it to you, but the Switch Tax Exists (which is why there is way less Pricedrops in switch games compared to Wii,Wii U)

Bold: Xenoblade Wii and Xenoblade X Wii U are still full price you know