By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spiderman (PS4) has sold over 20m units

HoangNhatAnh said:
src said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Another thread about PlayStation first party selling like never before, time for Nintendo fans to remind us how Nintendo first party is making more money, thanks Nintendo fans, we almost forgot.

Must be the eagerness after seeing several years with PS+ alone profiting more than the entirety of Nintendo during WiiU era.

Ah, really? Nintendo made 86% of total PlayStation division profits during PS4 era in just half of the years during Nintendo Switch era.
They already made nearly 9 billion profits from 2017 to 2020 in comparison the whole playstation division made just 10 billion profits from 2013 to 2020.

Thats just you misunderstanding the business models. Sony's operating margin is totally different to Nintendo because the former produces cutting edge tech, online infrastructure, and, unlike Nintendo, has every single third party on their platform.

Nintendo is small time compared to Playstations platform marketshare: PS is heading to $25 billion revenue, competing with Netflix, while Nintendo trails at <$15 billion.

Bold: where are Shin Megami Tensei IV, IVA, Strange Journey, Persona Q, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Bravely Default, The World End With You, Rune Factory 4 on ps4? 

2nd bold: OK, let compare:

A: Revenue: 15 billion, but spend: 12 billion

B: Revenue: 10 billion, but spend: 2 billion

Who is better?

Big revenue mean nothing if your profits are almost non-existence.

I don't think you understand the business. Marketshare is dealt by revenue. Nintendo can do all they want and continue having large profit margins, that's not going to stop Sony from being almost twice their relevance in the market.

Good thing Sony has the largest revenue of any gaming company in the world, and also incredibly large profits :)

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Nope, you care about winning even if needing to distort. Vita and PS3 didn't profit, they lost a lot of money. Still don't have anything to do with the answer I gave that this need to talk about the financial of Nintendo now is pent up rage from the losses of WiiU era (that includes 3DS). Go there and re-read. Or don't, keep doing what you like.

Let him Enjoy his Piece of Plastic Defender Warrior Fantasy to the Point of Literally comparing an Entire Company Revenue (that Diversified its Business Model Beyond Console Gaming since 2015) to a Single Division Subsidiary rofl

ArchangelMadzz said:

Wait wouldn't playstations financials also include studio acquisitions? And major financial investments during this time as well during the PS4 era? 

This would also include R&D for the PS5 that's been going on the past 3/4 years that costs well over a billion. Whereas Nintendo may have just started the process of R&Ding a console. 

We are comparing the profit so far, right?

DonFerrari said:

Nope, you care about winning even if needing to distort. Vita and PS3 didn't profit, they lost a lot of money. Still don't have anything to do with the answer I gave that this need to talk about the financial of Nintendo now is pent up rage from the losses of WiiU era (that includes 3DS). Go there and re-read. Or don't, keep doing what you like.

Nin only lost 2 years in Wii U era, thank you for your concern. We are comparing the current profit, or you mean this thread is about the past sales/profit of Sony games? 

src said:

I don't think you understand the business. Marketshare is dealt by revenue. Nintendo can do all they want and continue having large profit margins, that's not going to stop Sony from being almost twice their relevance in the market.

Good thing Sony has the largest revenue of any gaming company in the world, and also incredibly large profits :)

1st bold: only from playstation side, and they have to spend a lot too :)

2nd bold: Sony got incredibly large profits, and Nintendo got even much higher profit than that you mean :)

B6a6es said:

Let him Enjoy his Piece of Plastic Defender Warrior Fantasy to the Point of Literally comparing an Entire Company Revenue (that Diversified its Business Model Beyond Console Gaming since 2015) to a Single Division Subsidiary rofl

More like let you Enjoy your Piece of Censorship Cinematic Walking Simulator to the Point of Literally comparing an Entire Company Revenue (that Diversified its Business Model Beyond Console Gaming since 2015) to a Single Division Subsidiary because it's one of only places where Sony can make money :)

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 20 November 2020

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Wait wouldn't playstations financials also include studio acquisitions? And major financial investments during this time as well during the PS4 era? 

This would also include R&D for the PS5 that's been going on the past 3/4 years that costs well over a billion. Whereas Nintendo may have just started the process of R&Ding a console. 

Yeah of course, I'm just saying buying studios and companies and investing in infrastructure and a possible multi billion research and development of the PS5 would've eaten into that..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

DonFerrari said:

Nin only lost 2 years in Wii U era, thank you for your concern. We are comparing the current profit, or you mean this thread is about the past sales/profit of Sony games? 

src said:

1st bold: only from playstation side, and they have to spend a lot too :)

2nd bold: Sony got incredibly large profits, and Nintendo got even much higher profit than that you mean :)

B6a6es said:

More like let you Enjoy your Piece of Censorship Cinematic Walking Simulator to the Point of Literally comparing an Entire Company Revenue (that Diversified its Business Model Beyond Console Gaming since 2015) to a Single Division Subsidiary because it's one of only places where Sony can make money :)

Nope, the thread is about Spiderman selling 20M units, and that mentions it is nearing the level of sales of Nintendo, but you decided to make it something else for your own amusement. Then you go and act like a victim.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
B6a6es said:

Now you sound like a Triggered Fanboy who only takes his sources from 4chan

oh and unless your also into Pedo-friendly games where you grope a 12 yo in her bathing suit (Gal-Gun), then Good for Sony for Getting rid of them

Bold: Xenoblade Wii and Xenoblade X Wii U are still full price you know

Nope

Next time use a muscle-flexing 10-20-30M Title, instead of a rare, hard find 500k seller

User was warned for this comment - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 November 2020

Many players are currently playing the new Spiderman. And the PS4-Spiderman-Game looks so amazing on PlayStation 5.I would be interested to know: How much money does Marvel get for the game even though they don't contribute?

KazumaKiryu said:
Many players are currently playing the new Spiderman. And the PS4-Spiderman-Game looks so amazing on PlayStation 5.I would be interested to know: How much money does Marvel get for the game even though they don't contribute?

I guess Sony paid a fixed royalty fee and sure perhaps a premium after so many copies sold. Because I don't think disney would accept only a percentage without being sure of a minimum payment, and sure Sony wouldn't accept to pay so much that it wouldn't be profitable even selling a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KazumaKiryu said:

I think its Probably Fixed (similar to Activision Situation), since Sony sold the Toys Rights to Disney in 2011, and Renegotiated its Films IP cut for Disney in 2019 (after the near Breakdown of Communication and fans backlash at both)

Either Way, it would Definitely Benefit Disney Regardless, especially with Toys,Merchandise sales

I don't know how companies just don't seem to get this after the original Spider-man Trilogy (at least the first two), the Dark Knight Trilogy (at least the first two), the MCU, the Arkham games (at least the first two), and this. There's a reason these characters have been a mainstay of popculture for 5+ decades. If you make a quality product that focuses on what makes them work, it will print money for you. If you rush out crap hoping that people will buy it based on name value recognition alone... well ask Square Enix how that works out.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 20 November 2020