By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

it could be that your eyes use DLSS for the names of the npcs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

It's not zoomed in. It is a 1:1 picture-excerpt of Kirby007's 4K-original files to fit into the 972 pixl with usable for forum postings. Not upscaled, not downscaled.

For all the people here who are to lazy to open the pictures in a new tab and just scroll down in the thread to form their opinion.

Although, there are probably even a few people who browse the forum with their old phone or 3DS browser with even more downscaled pictures.

It is zoomed in, I am looking at Kirby's images in full screen right now, and compared to your images the character is more than twice as big on screen in the latter.

Not, it is NOT zoomed in. If you display kirbys 4K-screenshots on a 4K-display in fullscreen, the character is the same size.

If you display kirbys 4K-screenshots on a 1080p-display in fullscreen, it is downscaled at first to fit on the lower res screen!

To evaluate the screenshot in native resolution, you have to click on the picture again (mouse curser should have a small plus when hovering over the picture).

Conina said:
curl-6 said:

It is zoomed in, I am looking at Kirby's images in full screen right now, and compared to your images the character is more than twice as big on screen in the latter.

Not, it is NOT zoomed in. If you display kirbys 4K-screenshots on a 4K-display in fullscreen, the character is the same size.

If you display kirbys 4K-screenshots on a 1080p-display in fullscreen, it is downscaled at first to fit on the lower res screen!

To evaluate the screenshot in native resolution, you have to click on the picture again (mouse curser should have a small plus when hovering over the picture).

When I view in a new tab then go to click on it as you suggest, the mouse icon literally turns into a magnifying glass with a + in it. When I do as you say and click, the picture is zoomed in and my screen only shows a close-up portion of it, not the entire image.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
DroidKnight said:

Going up to 4K resolution, TVs does allow you to move in closer to take advantage of the better resolution which does give an edge in competitive gaming and adds to immersion in watching movies or playing games.  I wouldn't say 4 1/2 feet away on the 55" TV is having your eyeballs too close to the screen.

That sounds a little too close for comfort for me personally.

I sit 3 meters back from my 47" TV.

I sit 2m away from 65" and think the TV could still be quite bigger and I could sit quite closer to it. For my place a 85" would be ideal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

curl-6 said:
Conina said:

It's not zoomed in. It is a 1:1 picture-excerpt of Kirby007's 4K-original files to fit into the 972 pixl with usable for forum postings. Not upscaled, not downscaled.

For all the people here who are to lazy to open the pictures in a new tab and just scroll down in the thread to form their opinion.

Although, there are probably even a few people who browse the forum with their old phone or 3DS browser with even more downscaled pictures.

Full screen and full size?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

When I view in a new tab then go to click on it as you suggest, the mouse icon literally turns into a magnifying glass with a + in it. When I do as you say and click, the picture is zoomed in and my screen only shows a close-up portion of it, not the entire image.

Nope it isn't zoomed in, that + is just because it recognizes that the source have more pixels than your monitor can show, so the first show is using a "fit the screen" size, which is zoomed out. When you click the + it show how it would look if you were looking on a proper resolution display. So you basically are switching things.

You are not zooming in the image, you just had it zoomed out from start

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Nope it isn't zoomed in, that + is just because it recognizes that the source have more pixels than your monitor can show, so the first show is using a "fit the screen" size, which is zoomed out. When you click the + it show how it would look if you were looking on a proper resolution display. So you basically are switching things.

You are not zooming in the image, you just had it zoomed out from start

If it fills my screen, then it is full size, neither zoomed in nor out.

When I look at 720p content on this same screen, at screen-filling size, it looks nowhere near as pixelated as the pic in question.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

JRPGfan said:

between the top most picture (HQ) and the lowest one?

Yes. There is clearly a differnce.

However World of Warcraft is so old, the textures so muddy.... and the artsyle is that cartoony low quality thingy.
Its honesty not a huge differnce between them (imo).

Basically WoW is ugly... reguardless of what resolution you run it at.

Kirby took those shots in a vanilla WoW zone, current WoW has really nice looking zones thanks to it's art Dept.