By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

well i wanted to see what 720p towards 4k without any other setting change would do, now i could also put on raytraced shadows but i doubt we will see any difference there

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

between the top most picture (HQ) and the lowest one?

Yes. There is clearly a differnce.

However World of Warcraft is so old, the textures so muddy.... and the artsyle is that cartoony low quality thingy.
Its honesty not a huge differnce between them (imo).

Basically WoW is ugly... reguardless of what resolution you run it at.

theDX said:
Only the last one looks pixelated to me (looking at it in 1080p).

Its obvious that there is a differnce between the top most picture, and the lowest one.
However its minor lol.  Wow in alot of area's looks quite dated, and "ugly".

The funny thing is that 720p was not really a thing when WoW was released, and a comparable resolution (1024x768) would have been considered fairly nice back then. I reckon a lot of players played WoW at a resolution worse than 1024x768.

Zkuq said:

The funny thing is that 720p was not really a thing when WoW was released, and a comparable resolution (1024x768) would have been considered fairly nice back then. I reckon a lot of players played WoW at a resolution worse than 1024x768.

that was the time monitors were bigger than the actual PC

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Now that you say it, I can see a clear downgrade from the screenshot #5 to the #6, but only if I open the images on a new tab at a larger scale.

And if I zoom in, then this sudden fall in quality from the fifth to the sixth becomes a quite noticeable progression from the first to the last. But I can only see it clearly when i zoom in to what I believe it's double the size of my screen or so. I wouldn't have seen that progression at first glance if the image was at 125 or 150% its size, even if it becomes noticeable too.

And... I don't know if this is part of the test, but I'd swear the screenshots 4 and 5 are swapped.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Verter said:

Now that you say it, I can see a clear downgrade from the screenshot #5 to the #6, but only if I open the images on a new tab at a larger scale.

And if I zoom in, then this sudden fall in quality from the fifth to the sixth becomes a quite noticeable progression from the first to the last. But I can only see it clearly when i zoom in to what I believe it's double the size of my screen or so. I wouldn't have seen that progression at first glance if the image was at 125 or 150% its size, even if it becomes noticeable too.

And... I don't know if this is part of the test, but I'd swear the screenshots 4 and 5 are swapped.

yes doing this on a small display wont work.

But you are correct, very good sight!

None, besides the blue light on the armor (last two pics)

kirby007 said:
Zkuq said:

that was the time monitors were bigger than the actual PC

Still have a 21" CRT monitor somewhere in the attic. Thing weights a ton!

Generally played in 1280x1024 at the time. The screen could do 1600x1200, but good luck managing to read anything in Windows without a microscope...

Zkuq said:

I doubt it, 1280x1024 monitors were the standard for LCD back then while CRT monitors already accepted higher resolutions. Lower than 1024x768 is last century.