By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

If any of you can't see the difference you should get your eyes checked immediately

That's a zoomed in view.

When I play games, I don't do so through a magnifying glass.

Not on 55" 

Not on a 55", what? It's still taking a small part of the image and blowing it up to whatever screen we're viewing it on. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

If any of you can't see the difference you should get your eyes checked immediately

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Not on a 55", what? It's still taking a small part of the image and blowing it up to whatever screen we're viewing it on. 

Going to a larger screen is like using a magnifying glass,  the larger the screen the more likely you can see individual pixels that's why more pixels are needed (to make them smaller) to appear unnoticeable.  The larger the screen the more like the bottom image the game will look at lower resolutions.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Going to a larger screen is like using a magnifying glass,  the larger the screen the more likely you can see individual pixels that's why more pixels are needed (to make them smaller) to appear unnoticeable.  The larger the screen the more like the bottom image the game will look at lower resolutions.

That depends on how close to the screen your eyeballs are.

I mean, the way I see it, what's the point of sitting right up close to a huge screen?

curl-6 said:

I mean, the way I see it, what's the point of sitting right up close to a huge screen?

Going up to 4K resolution TVs does allow you to move in closer to take advantage of the better resolution which does give an edge in competitive gaming and adds to immersion in watching movies or playing games.  I wouldn't say 4 1/2 feet away on the 55" TV is having your eyeballs too close to the screen.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 20 November 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
curl-6 said:

Going up to 4K resolution, TVs does allow you to move in closer to take advantage of the better resolution which does give an edge in competitive gaming and adds to immersion in watching movies or playing games.  I wouldn't say 4 1/2 feet away on the 55" TV is having your eyeballs too close to the screen.

That sounds a little too close for comfort for me personally.

I sit 3 meters back from my 47" TV.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

That sounds a little too close for comfort for me personally.

I sit 3 meters back from my 47" TV.

Yeah, at that distance it wouldn't matter for you.  I'm currently on a 32" 4K monitor at about 3 to 3 1/2 feet away.

Depends on what i do i have 2 options at 1 meter or 3 meter

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Depends on what i do i have 2 options at 1 meter or 3 meter

What are you looking into?

I didn't see a difference on my 65" monitor. But that has a lot of reasons.

1. Still images are harder to compare. It's much more noticeable in moving images. Our eyes do not work with pixels, they work with minute differences in color and light information. Our eyes are not built to compare still images or pixels for that matter.

2. The images were not fullscreen. Which means no matter what screen you looked at them they will be artificially smaller and therefor have a much higher pixel density, which is the actual thing out eyes will notice. For example on my screen the pictures only took up about half of it, effectively doubling the DPI.

3. The textures are extremely low res and low detail. Harder to make out details when there are none. This has been done deliberately to troll people, of course.

4. It's harder to see differences when you don't know what to look for. That's just a psychological trick also done deliberately to troll people. Now that I know what to look for it's much easier to spot the difference.

In conclusion, higher resolutions are always better and OP is a troll.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

curl-6 said:

That's a zoomed in view.

Look at the green text in both non zoomed in screenshots

One you can read the other not

The problem with this comparison is its a bad comparison, it should use a game designed for modern pcs, i.e with high res textures