By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

If any of you can't see the difference you should get your eyes checked immediately

That's a zoomed in view.

When I play games, I don't do so through a magnifying glass.

Not on 55" 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

If any of you can't see the difference you should get your eyes checked immediately

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Not on a 55", what? It's still taking a small part of the image and blowing it up to whatever screen we're viewing it on. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Not on a 55", what? It's still taking a small part of the image and blowing it up to whatever screen we're viewing it on. 

Going to a larger screen is like using a magnifying glass,  the larger the screen the more likely you can see individual pixels that's why more pixels are needed (to make them smaller) to appear unnoticeable.  The larger the screen the more like the bottom image the game will look at lower resolutions.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Going to a larger screen is like using a magnifying glass,  the larger the screen the more likely you can see individual pixels that's why more pixels are needed (to make them smaller) to appear unnoticeable.  The larger the screen the more like the bottom image the game will look at lower resolutions.

That depends on how close to the screen your eyeballs are.

I mean, the way I see it, what's the point of sitting right up close to a huge screen?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

I mean, the way I see it, what's the point of sitting right up close to a huge screen?

Going up to 4K resolution TVs does allow you to move in closer to take advantage of the better resolution which does give an edge in competitive gaming and adds to immersion in watching movies or playing games.  I wouldn't say 4 1/2 feet away on the 55" TV is having your eyeballs too close to the screen.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 20 November 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
curl-6 said:

Going up to 4K resolution, TVs does allow you to move in closer to take advantage of the better resolution which does give an edge in competitive gaming and adds to immersion in watching movies or playing games.  I wouldn't say 4 1/2 feet away on the 55" TV is having your eyeballs too close to the screen.

That sounds a little too close for comfort for me personally.

I sit 3 meters back from my 47" TV.

curl-6 said:

That sounds a little too close for comfort for me personally.

I sit 3 meters back from my 47" TV.

Yeah, at that distance it wouldn't matter for you.  I'm currently on a 32" 4K monitor at about 3 to 3 1/2 feet away.

Depends on what i do i have 2 options at 1 meter or 3 meter

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Depends on what i do i have 2 options at 1 meter or 3 meter

What are you looking into?

The order you posted these images in threw me off, because the title says 720 -> 4K, so I was expecting improvements in the second screenshot, but saw what looked to be worse AA, and got confused.

Turns out you posted them in the opposite order? 4K -> 720

But to answer the question, on the forum I notice differences between some of the lower res ones, and less so for the higher res ones.
But when I open the images to view them in full on my PC monitor, then the difference between each is easy to see.

curl-6 said:
DroidKnight said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
curl-6 said:

That's a zoomed in view.

Not on 55" 

Let's put it this way.

You're sitting 4 meters away from the screen.
First you play on a 32" screen.
Then switch that to a 46" screen.

And now things will look more 'zoomed in' from the same distance.
I guess the issue can be that some times people can't really adjust their distance to the screen easily, depending on their setup/furniture.

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 November 2020