By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%

It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%

It's about the same as before 80 9.03%

It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%

It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%

Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%

Total:886

I find the front page more colourful and not ugly, but messier and with the sections less well defined.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Now I am not a person that prefers the old design just because I got used to it for so long, so I tried to give this redesign a really fair chance, but I am sorry to say that it got worse. I can see many good intentions but the overall look and feel is too complicated and "unclean", so to speak. Too many pictures on the front page and the loading times are terrible.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Replicant said:

I might like. I don't really know yet.

Can hardly load the pages on my 1000/1000 Mbit/s.

Now it loads faster for me than it ever has. That's a huge upgrade!

It's a mess. Just a terrible UX design.

>:(

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

TBH I might avoid the front page altogether from now on. When they said they were redesigning it, I expected a cleaner version - I mean it wasnt great before - but instead now the front page is FULL of features that are not even necessary to have there, much more so than before. Clear downgrade for me.

I haven't noticed much of a change.  The ads are so obnoxious on this site that it overwhelms any other changes that might be made.  Even as I was reading through this thread over 50% of my screen was taken up by ads.  That is an unreasonable amount of ad space IMO. 

If I listen to a 3 minute song on Youtube, I might have to hear a 5-30 second ad first.  If I were to apply the proportions used by this site, then it would be more like a 4-5 minute ad to hear a 3 minute song.  I understand ads are necessary, but at a certain point it becomes too much.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
I find the front page more colourful and not ugly, but messier and with the sections less well defined.

Pretty much this.  

Notably better

Well, at first I was gonna say is worse than before but I think I just have to get used to the new visuals and stuff, it's a great addition to have the flag of my country now representing on the hardware chart so extra points for that, also I think it takes a little longer to load the page but overall I voted "slightly better".

I know... my English sucks.