By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%

It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%

It's about the same as before 80 9.03%

It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%

It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%

Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%

Total:886
Replicant said:

I might like. I don't really know yet.

Can hardly load the pages on my 1000/1000 Mbit/s.

Now it loads faster for me than it ever has. That's a huge upgrade!

Around the Network

It's a mess. Just a terrible UX design.

>:(

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

TBH I might avoid the front page altogether from now on. When they said they were redesigning it, I expected a cleaner version - I mean it wasnt great before - but instead now the front page is FULL of features that are not even necessary to have there, much more so than before. Clear downgrade for me.

I haven't noticed much of a change.  The ads are so obnoxious on this site that it overwhelms any other changes that might be made.  Even as I was reading through this thread over 50% of my screen was taken up by ads.  That is an unreasonable amount of ad space IMO. 

If I listen to a 3 minute song on Youtube, I might have to hear a 5-30 second ad first.  If I were to apply the proportions used by this site, then it would be more like a 4-5 minute ad to hear a 3 minute song.  I understand ads are necessary, but at a certain point it becomes too much.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
I find the front page more colourful and not ugly, but messier and with the sections less well defined.

Pretty much this.  

Notably better

Well, at first I was gonna say is worse than before but I think I just have to get used to the new visuals and stuff, it's a great addition to have the flag of my country now representing on the hardware chart so extra points for that, also I think it takes a little longer to load the page but overall I voted "slightly better".

I know... my English sucks.

At first the loading times were killing me, but they have gotten better. The home page looks a bit cluttered IMO, especially with the hot topics showing the avatar of the thread's OP, but it doesn't look too bad overall.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Front page is a bit of a mess. I can't easily tell the sections apart, and the side-by-side articles are much more difficult to comprehend than a vertical list. I mainly come for the front page + news articles, but I can't skim over everything for the interesting bits like this. I'll have to look for a different news source if it stays like it is.