By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Critics agree that Sony's PS5 transcends on-paper comparisons to Xbox, and is the only new console that "feels" next-gen from the first moment

Is PS5 the only gen 9 system?

yes 10 38.46%

YES, but in CAPS. 16 61.54%

Total:26
chakkra said:
hinch said:
chakkra said:
hinch said:

@chakkra all software related and can be sorted with a patch. Besides that is all fluff. People are more excited to play new, next generation games with new experiences /shrug

hehehe, of course.

Well, I'll bite. Its software, all of those features you stated are supported by the hardware. Not that they will all come over. VRR is definitely being patched in a later date as will external storage for PS5 games. But continue trolling.

Besides you just picked faults with the console and didn't even properly look or address OP.

Okay, let me see if I understand this. The OP makes a post claiming this is the only "true" next-gen console and I point out a list of features that a "true" next-gen console should have at launch, and somehow I'm the one trolling.

OP is direct quote from critics.

And features are included along gen since internet connection started being a standard look at PS3 and PS4 start and finish of gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

For 4 gens Sony have delivered nothing but excellence and quality, so I expected nothing bellow that from them, but I do not care much for what critics says tbh, I'll have my own opinion on how the Ps5 "feels" once I have it. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 09 November 2020

Double posters should be banned. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 09 November 2020

shikamaru317 said:

Apparently you can't stream or record 4K video from PS5 without an external capture device:

But you can on Xbox Series X, which supports up to 4K 60 FPS captures and streams through the system software. PS5 is so next-gen xD (jk).

This has always been MS's issue IMO. They focus on all these features and stuff that the vast majority of consumers just don't care about. 4k 60 fps streaming? Who is even waiting for that feature when it comes to next gen. Now they start a new gen with a more powerful console and absolutely no games to showcase it. Hey at least you can transfer saves to USB and record 4k streaming FPS the stuff every gamer buys $500 machine for. 

I miss the 360 days where they would constantly have new games. Made me sell my PS3 to get a 360. Now they are pumping out the same series year after year and trying turn their consoles into cable boxes.

Yeah it's hardly a comparison. PS5 has a bunch of new features, has actually been UNDERPLAYING a bunch of its capabilities (They didn't even come close to letting people know how good their backwards compatibility is, and according to digital foundry it's amazing), and it actually has games. PErsonally, I don't think theHaptic Feedback and stuff is going to be as impressive or game-changing as a lot of people say, it's a gimmick, but a lot of the UI, features, abilities, and general feel of the console is new. The Series X, as best I can tell, might as well be an Xbox One with better hardware. I'm not getting any feel of innovation there, just a stronger version of what we already have. Oh, and no games. Couldn't even get a Halo game for Launch, and what they did show looked more like an early Xbox One game than a console defining leap in performance and innovation that it should have. the Middle-tier game Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart looked more impressive than Halo.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Silly to suggest Xbox isn't next generation, I don't get the point of even implying as such.I'm in the ps5 camp, due to Sony's exclusives. But currently I am concerned that ps5 games cannot be stored on an external. I am digital and that is a problem. I am working on the assumption Sony will fix this glaring oversight.

Chrkeller said:
Silly to suggest Xbox isn't next generation, I don't get the point of even implying as such.I'm in the ps5 camp, due to Sony's exclusives. But currently I am concerned that ps5 games cannot be stored on an external. I am digital and that is a problem. I am working on the assumption Sony will fix this glaring oversight.

Since it almost certainly is something on the firmware it should be correctable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

shikamaru317 said:
Dante9 said:
Don't forget the Tempest audio tech.

I honestly wonder how Tempest compares with what Xbox Series has. Xbox Series has it's own dedicated audio chip, as well as 3D audio support via ray-tracing.

We also do know that Series will support Dolby Atmos, but haven't seem any confirmation from Sony for PS5.

sales2099 said:

The main advantage PS5 has is launch exclusives like Spiderman and Demon Souls being the highlights. Also a new controller design which has overwhelmingly positive impressions.

That said, numerous hardware comparisons favor Series X. I won’t list them all but it’s unanimous Xbox has better engineered hardware and software features/capabilities. But ultimately to the end user, the new controller and better launch lineup are more noticeable.

It's been pointed out to you already, but the controller is part of the hardware.

So is it numerous or unanimous? Pick.

What's your sources? You've been pushing that narrative for a while.

Dallinor said:
sales2099 said:

The main advantage PS5 has is launch exclusives like Spiderman and Demon Souls being the highlights. Also a new controller design which has overwhelmingly positive impressions.

That said, numerous hardware comparisons favor Series X. I won’t list them all but it’s unanimous Xbox has better engineered hardware and software features/capabilities. But ultimately to the end user, the new controller and better launch lineup are more noticeable.

It's been pointed out to you already, but the controller is part of the hardware.

So is it numerous or unanimous? Pick.

What's your sources? You've been pushing that narrative for a while.

_________

I think the controller is the controller. I meant “console” when I said hardware. Otherwise, Twitter and google is your friend. I’m not gonna to list them all here and now, but this is the part where you say PS5 excels in day 1 1st party and a new controller. Where being lesser in hardware and software features is secondary to the end purpose of why we play consoles. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 09 November 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.