By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Critics agree that Sony's PS5 transcends on-paper comparisons to Xbox, and is the only new console that "feels" next-gen from the first moment

Is PS5 the only gen 9 system?

yes 10 38.46%

YES, but in CAPS. 16 61.54%

Total:26
Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm not flaming anybody. I am just taking the position that suggesting (regardless of method) that the Xbox isn't a nex generation console is silly at best. Especially when the ps5 is missing some key attributes. And I say this as somebody who has owned every Sony home console and plans on getting a ps5 over a Xbox.

As for the innocent act.  Your poll allows users to vote the ps5 being the only next generation console and the other option is for users to vote the ps5 is the only next generation console...  right...  

You claimed the OP was suggesting it, while that was what the reviewers were saying so basically missed target.

On the poll I thought it was very obvious it is was a joke. "Yes but in CAPS" should have ticked the box.

You did suggest it, those were your words that are typed in the OP, not everything was a quote.  You cherry picked reviews, made a thread suggesting the Xbox wasn't next generation (only the ps5 was) and did so to stir the pot. 

If I create a thread asking who makes the best software, cite Breath of the Wild reviews (just a few select ones), and the poll has "Nintendo" or "NINTENDO" as the only options.... 

I think you get my point, or maybe not.  Who knows.  But for the record, the folks around here are not as stupid as you apparently think they are.  Everybody knows exactly what the goal of this thread was.  

Nope. I put the source and there they had the quotes, I choose 2. The title of the thread is the subtitle of the article.

I commented on the quotes.

I don't assume people are stupid, but thanks for the suggestion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Dude, if ps5 is the only true next gen console, then generations don't really matter, and are truly dead and buried. Good riddance I say. Games like Breath of the Wild, Hades, and countless Indies have long since proven that you don't need vastly improved hardware to freshen up stale genres.Also, quick resume is a flat out better feature than PS5's card system, yet "cards" are one of the big next-gen differentiators?

Thread seems entirely designed to bait people, which it does. Saying "the critics have spoken" based on two critics (only one of which says anything that could even vaguely be said to support PS5 being the "only" next gen console) is baiting. The poll that doesn't present an actual option is clear trolling. No way this was going to lead to productive conversation which, unsurprisingly, it did not.Locking.