By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Critics agree that Sony's PS5 transcends on-paper comparisons to Xbox, and is the only new console that "feels" next-gen from the first moment

Is PS5 the only gen 9 system?

yes 10 38.46%

YES, but in CAPS. 16 61.54%

Total:26
smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:
Leynos said:
Can't back up your saves via USB on PS5. Giant Bomb UI walkthrough shows it's missing a lot of basic features PS4 has. BC is confusing. The system can't even lay on its side without attachments and a screw that everyone will lose. PS5 seems rushed esp in UI.

May I ask what it is that Sony would have to do for you to ever comment positively about PlayStation?

You realize his response is targeted to the OP's ridiculous claim right? It has nothing to do with hating Sony. You feel like this is an attack on Sony, yet you're totally cool with what the threads about. A little hypocritically don't you think? 

And what the thread is about?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:
Leynos said:
Can't back up your saves via USB on PS5. Giant Bomb UI walkthrough shows it's missing a lot of basic features PS4 has. BC is confusing. The system can't even lay on its side without attachments and a screw that everyone will lose. PS5 seems rushed esp in UI.

May I ask what it is that Sony would have to do for you to ever comment positively about PlayStation?

You realize his response is targeted to the OP's ridiculous claim right? It has nothing to do with hating Sony. You feel like this is an attack on Sony, yet you're totally cool with what the threads about. A little hypocritically don't you think? 

you misunderstand Hynad, attacking on the person is where he trives and what he enjoys doing whether its logical or not

Irony personified.

DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:
Leynos said:

stirring shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:
Leynos said:

stirring shit

Absolutely, spot on.  

"PS5 is the only true gen 9 console"

I'm surprised the thread stayed open as is with that comment...  although I'm not really surprised.  

Hopefully Sony supports ps5 games stored on external drive, if not suddenly the Xbox becomes more appealing (for me).  

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:
Leynos said:

stirring shit

Nope. Thread is about a report. Source gave, quotes posted and little opinion gave. Thread was for discussion. But well if you, Leynos, Smr, Chrkeller, Sales and some others prefer to flame, well that is on you not on the thread or its purpose.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

zero % pure intent

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

ever comment positively about PlayStation?

stirring shit

Nope. Thread is about a report. Source gave, quotes posted and little opinion gave. Thread was for discussion. But well if you, Leynos, Smr, Chrkeller, Sales and some others prefer to flame, well that is on you not on the thread or its purpose.

I wouldn’t call this flaming. The thread topic implies having many inferior hardware and software deficiencies means little when they have a new controller and Spiderman/Demon Souls. 

It completely dismisses all the superior hardware and software engineering MS put into their product, and that ain’t right. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

ever comment positively about PlayStation?

stirring shit

I wouldn’t call this flaming. The thread topic implies having many inferior hardware and software deficiencies means little when they have a new controller and Spiderman/Demon Souls. 

It completely dismisses all the superior hardware and software engineering MS put into their product, and that ain’t right. 

That is reviewers view on both products. Reviewers who you claimed are unanimously that Series X is the superiorly engineered machine in every aspect. The flaming came from attacks to OP.

I'm not flaming anybody. I am just taking the position that suggesting (regardless of method) that the Xbox isn't a nex generation console is silly at best. Especially when the ps5 is missing some key attributes. And I say this as somebody who has owned every Sony home console and plans on getting a ps5 over a Xbox.

As for the innocent act.  Your poll allows users to vote the ps5 being the only next generation console and the other option is for users to vote the ps5 is the only next generation console...  right...  

Hynad said:
Leynos said:

No, you may not. Since I know you love conflict. You like to ignore when I have said a few times PS4 is one of my fave systems oh and yes look how much I dislike PlayStation. Gosh darn I dislike them so much that I could...

Criticizing is not the same as bashing. Said multiple times I am getting a PS5 down the road but it has plenty to criticize.

Last edited by Leynos - on 10 November 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!