By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I'm a little scared for Nintendo Switch / PS5 / XSX sales

In France, we have closed stores deemed non-essential because of Covid 19, and the shelves in video game stores will close. We will only be able to buy our consoles on Amazon France. I really wanted to see the Nintendo Switch break the sales records (it could have broken the sales record in one year for a console never made) and I would have loved to see the PS5 / XSX launches

Around the Network

Most people shop online anyway. Man if people were as concerned about keeping a social distance and wearing masks as they do gettintg their video games we'd be in good shape all things considered.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Most people shop online anyway. Man if people were as concerned about keeping a social distance and wearing masks as they do gettintg their video games we'd be in good shape all things considered.

so true

There's no reason to be scared on behalf of giant corporations. They have all the money they need and will find ways to sell their products.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

In times like these its good to remember what truly matters... videogame sales!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Unless sales drop drastically and hurt the industry as a whole (which is very unlike), there's nothing to worry about. Besides, pre-orders for PS5 and Xbox Series have been very good thus far, and the Switch still has to meet demand in a number of countries, so even if sales of any of the big three don't meet people's expectations (whatever they are), consoles will still all be fine. =)

Companies already take care of their sales, so let's just worry about keeping our own health in good numbers.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Isn't a little pathetic to be scared of the commercial performance of a set of machines?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Isn't a little pathetic to be scared of the commercial performance of a set of machines?

Not if you have stocks on those companies 

Otherwise? Yes

I don't think that we're going to see consoles get stuck in warehouses. Sitting on stock costs money, so they'll just reallocate units to places that can deliver them. Sucks if you preordered at a physical store, but then... why did you do that?

I'm not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.