By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I'm a little scared for Nintendo Switch / PS5 / XSX sales

IcaroRibeiro said:
Metallox said:
Isn't a little pathetic to be scared of the commercial performance of a set of machines?

Not if you have stocks on those companies 

Otherwise? Yes

There's room in the world for all worries, big and small.

Around the Network

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. In the UK, for five months every non essential shop was shut and all three console sales shot up. I'd assume that all three companies moved their stock online at that point and it would most likely happen again. If I'm not mistaken, most sales are online now anyway, especially around Christmas time.

There are currently worse things to be scared off.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

As we all saw, console sales and videogames sales in general just fell off a cliff during the first worldwide lockdown in march/april/may earlier this year.
Remember when no one could buy a console in that perdiod of the year? That was scary.

Last edited by Supermario28 - on 03 November 2020

TomaTito said:

There are currently worse things to be scared off.

Like spiders.

Around the Network

I highly doubt they will only be available on Amazon...

OneTime said:
I don't think that we're going to see consoles get stuck in warehouses. Sitting on stock costs money, so they'll just reallocate units to places that can deliver them. Sucks if you preordered at a physical store, but then... why did you do that?

Because you live in Australia or new Zealand which are almost covid free nations?  

Metallox said:
Isn't a little pathetic to be scared of the commercial performance of a set of machines?

Probably a bit harsh, no?

Also, for everyone's information: In French, we use "peur" for (fear and scared), in that case, it is the first one and it what he meant was more:

- "I fear that blah blah blah". -> "J'ai peur que bla bla bla"

This clearly does not mean that he is 'scared' of it or even concerned personally. This was just a literal transcription of a French expression, it is like saying:

- "I fear that tomorrow will be a rainy day" -> "J'ai peur que demain soit un jour pluvieux"

While probably not the best English way to say it (just trying to literally translate to explain), this is just because we use that kind of sentence with the word "peur" in French and it has nothing to do with personally being scared or even concerned for the majority of the time, just an expression. 

Hopefully, this will get this thread on track which is basically to talk about the impact of Covid 19 and the sales in some countries with a lockdown.

OP: I know that here in Canada, we have some provinces in lockdown and I really think it will affect the sales but not for so long. AND the Switch will be the most affected by it I believe. At the end the Xbox Series X and Play Station Five were already sold out anyway, this won't change anything (even the closed stores will probably find a way to get the console to their owner in the next few weeks). But for the Switch as it was probably way more available than the new console, it will definitely have an impact :( I fear that

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 03 November 2020

Don't ask me how, but EB Games in Australia was open when other stores had mandatory shutdowns.

Still scratching my head how video game were considered essential services lol

Most electronic stores have an online shop. In Germany and Switzerland the stores are still open.