By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 18 to 34 - Switch Sales Drop Below 400,000 Units

Does the switch even have a holiday (December) release? If not, it's doomed.

Around the Network

Switch is short supplied in Japan by a good amount compared to previous weeks. It's kind of weird that the rest of the world seems to still have enough stock that it isn't affected. I am looking at Amazon right now in the US and I can buy a Switch for $385 or I can actually get it from Amazon for $300 if I am willing to wait a month. Maybe physical retailers actually have stock though?

Japan must have ever worse stock issues than that if it seriously dropped in sales this week.

There it is.. the edge of the Cliff is in sight.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

RIP Nintendo.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Third-party?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Where's the bottom?

If supply is already this much of an issue, I'm really starting to worry that these holidays might be much smaller for Switch than I expected due to shortages.

Curious if there will be a drop in Switch sales further after election in the US. Stock market. Will probably drop significantly if Biden wins (at least for a few months, maybe years), and so people may feel the need to conserve money more (though gamers are usually younger and therefore more liberal, so maybe they won't care about their 401k's at this stage of their life lol).

Question: How will the site handle market share percentages for consoles with the next generation of consoles around the corner? Will they be separated? Or will they be combined with the XB1 and PS4?

curl-6 said:
If supply is already this much of an issue, I'm really starting to worry that these holidays might be much smaller for Switch than I expected due to shortages.

Maybe they're just getting ready.