By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 18 to 34 - Switch Sales Drop Below 400,000 Units

Curious if there will be a drop in Switch sales further after election in the US. Stock market. Will probably drop significantly if Biden wins (at least for a few months, maybe years), and so people may feel the need to conserve money more (though gamers are usually younger and therefore more liberal, so maybe they won't care about their 401k's at this stage of their life lol).

Around the Network

Question: How will the site handle market share percentages for consoles with the next generation of consoles around the corner? Will they be separated? Or will they be combined with the XB1 and PS4?

PDiddy said:
Question: How will the site handle market share percentages for consoles with the next generation of consoles around the corner? Will they be separated? Or will they be combined with the XB1 and PS4?

We will likely drop the market share percentages. We have plans to redo the hardware graph on the front page and have all the current platforms listed in order of total sales. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:
If supply is already this much of an issue, I'm really starting to worry that these holidays might be much smaller for Switch than I expected due to shortages.

Maybe they're just getting ready.

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:
If supply is already this much of an issue, I'm really starting to worry that these holidays might be much smaller for Switch than I expected due to shortages.

I hope so, they've had many months to fix their supply issues and it's still throttling sales, it had better be because they're saving stock for the holidays otherwise they're going to miss out on millions of sales.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

I hope so, they've had many months to fix their supply issues and it's still throttling sales, it had better be because they're saving stock for the holidays otherwise they're going to miss out on millions of sales.

Look on the bright side... with the Wii U, they couldn't even sell what they had. This is a much better problem to have.

You know Nintendo's struck gold when people are "concerned" because the weekly sales dropped from above 400k to 380k.

The holiday clash between the new consoles and the Switch is going to be interesting. Also, this is probably the 3DS' last holiday, they will sell whatever stock is left and goodbye.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Naum said:
There it is.. the edge of the Cliff is in sight.

So DOOM Eternal release date confirmed?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261