By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 18 to 34 - Switch Sales Drop Below 400,000 Units

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:
If supply is already this much of an issue, I'm really starting to worry that these holidays might be much smaller for Switch than I expected due to shortages.

Maybe they're just getting ready.

I hope so, they've had many months to fix their supply issues and it's still throttling sales, it had better be because they're saving stock for the holidays otherwise they're going to miss out on millions of sales.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Maybe they're just getting ready.

I hope so, they've had many months to fix their supply issues and it's still throttling sales, it had better be because they're saving stock for the holidays otherwise they're going to miss out on millions of sales.

Look on the bright side... with the Wii U, they couldn't even sell what they had. This is a much better problem to have.

You know Nintendo's struck gold when people are "concerned" because the weekly sales dropped from above 400k to 380k.

The holiday clash between the new consoles and the Switch is going to be interesting. Also, this is probably the 3DS' last holiday, they will sell whatever stock is left and goodbye.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Naum said:
There it is.. the edge of the Cliff is in sight.

Around the Network

So DOOM Eternal release date confirmed?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dulfite said:
Curious if there will be a drop in Switch sales further after election in the US. Stock market. Will probably drop significantly if Biden wins (at least for a few months, maybe years), and so people may feel the need to conserve money more (though gamers are usually younger and therefore more liberal, so maybe they won't care about their 401k's at this stage of their life lol).

Ummmmm....

OK, Ninty D0M3D!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Shiken said:
So DOOM Eternal release date confirmed?

Ugh, don't remind me, they've seen saying it's "close" and coming "soon" for months now but refuse to give us a date, it is driving me insane. :(

Will Switch sales everrecover from the CLIFF, or are they DOOMED to only sell in the 350-400K realm in the foreseeable off-season future?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.