By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 18 to 34 - Switch Sales Drop Below 400,000 Units

Dulfite said:
Curious if there will be a drop in Switch sales further after election in the US. Stock market. Will probably drop significantly if Biden wins (at least for a few months, maybe years), and so people may feel the need to conserve money more (though gamers are usually younger and therefore more liberal, so maybe they won't care about their 401k's at this stage of their life lol).

Ummmmm....

Around the Network

Share the article here.

Switch vs PS4 vs Xbox One Sales Comparison Charts Through October 24

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2017 – (Week ending January 7 to October 28)

2018 – (Week ending January 6 to October 27)

2019 – (Week ending January 5 to October 26)

2020 – (Week ending January 4 to October 24)

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

"Year to date" sales for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2020 versus 2019 and 2020 versus 2018 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 54,575 (-2.3%)

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 7,669,681 (73.5%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 795,425 (-68.2%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 1,893,178 (-20.0%)

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

OK, Ninty D0M3D!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Shiken said:
So DOOM Eternal release date confirmed?

Ugh, don't remind me, they've seen saying it's "close" and coming "soon" for months now but refuse to give us a date, it is driving me insane. :(

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Will Switch sales everrecover from the CLIFF, or are they DOOMED to only sell in the 350-400K realm in the foreseeable off-season future?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Japan let the team down, but that seems to be more cos finding a Switch there is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Japan let the team down, but that seems to be more cos finding a Switch there is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Well, Trumanp better send them the third bomb.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

Well, Trumanp better send them the third bomb.

This falls into the category of things we're not even going to joke about.