By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

chakkra said:
Dallinor said:

Scorn is not even close to DS. It's a corridor shooter that seems to have an almost muddy or grainy filter applied with plenty of low res textures. It's got a fascinating art style though and some great lighting in sections- but it's very inconsistent.

DS has better visuals in the close environments but it also has big open environments. It's a much sharper image with a wider colour palette. 

This is without even touching on things like how the game looks in motion- effects and animations.

You can actually tell there is a significant difference in the cost of these two projects.

I don't even know what to say, I mean, If you really look at those games and still truly believe that DS looks more realistic, then I guess there is nothing I could tell you.

not kidding, but resistance 3 on ps3 looks better than those scorn shots. Scorn looks better in motion, not screenshots, but even then, it is not as detailed as demons souls. 

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Pemalite said:

The fact that Xbox just gained all of Bethesda's I.P is actually making Xbox look extremely good.

But does it really? those bethesda games were expected to come as multiplats, and microsoft was lacking in the exclusives department, so even with the bethesda buyout, it needs to still prove itself and make more quality exclusives beyond halo and forza, and what ever 2 or 3 highly regarded AAA games that come from bethesda in the next 7 years. Even still i hightly doubt elder scrolls/starfield ( if it does release at all next gen) , or fallout 5 for that matter, will stay as xbox only exclusives.  There is alot to be made from licensing fees onto ps5, and the buyout was mainly to make gamepass more attractive, not necessarlity to lure ps5 players over. I expect them to release on ps5, if not day 1, then a year later, after they have made their money on xbox. 

Microsoft of the 9th gen is not the same as Microsoft of the 8th gen.
That much has been made evident by the explosive increase in developers they have built and acquired.

Since 2018 Microsoft has added:
* Ninja Theory. - Hellblade.

* Undead Labs. - State of Decay.

* Compulsion Games. - We happy few.

* Playground Games. - Forza Horizon, Fable. (Granted they always made Xbox exclusives anyway pretty much, so feel free to flick it off the list.)

* inXile Entertainment. - Wasteland.

* Obsidian Entertainment. - Pillars of Eternity, The Outer Worlds, Fallout: New Vegas, Dungeon Siege, KOTOR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2.

* Zenimax Media.
~Bethesda:
- Elderscrolls, Fallout, Starfield.

~Arkane Studios.
- Dishonored, Prey, Wolfenstein.

~ iD Software.
- Doom, Quake, Rage.

That is just in the last 2 years... And there have been hints of further purchases.

Add on the fact Microsoft also has ZeniMax Online Studios, Tanho Gameworks, MachineGames, RARE, Mojang, 343i, The Initiative, Double Fine Production, The Coalition, Turn 10 Studios.

And with it Microsoft has brought in technologies like iDTech game engine, Havok and more which gives it some interesting tech.

I think anyone who thinks Microsoft is going to enter the 9th gen "lacking exclusives" really hasn't been paying attention... It's because of that kind of criticism that Microsoft thrown around Billions of dollars buying up studios... And honestly, I kinda hope they do make them exclusive, it would be epic karma.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
KratosLives said:

But does it really? those bethesda games were expected to come as multiplats, and microsoft was lacking in the exclusives department, so even with the bethesda buyout, it needs to still prove itself and make more quality exclusives beyond halo and forza, and what ever 2 or 3 highly regarded AAA games that come from bethesda in the next 7 years. Even still i hightly doubt elder scrolls/starfield ( if it does release at all next gen) , or fallout 5 for that matter, will stay as xbox only exclusives.  There is alot to be made from licensing fees onto ps5, and the buyout was mainly to make gamepass more attractive, not necessarlity to lure ps5 players over. I expect them to release on ps5, if not day 1, then a year later, after they have made their money on xbox. 

Microsoft of the 9th gen is not the same as Microsoft of the 8th gen.
That much has been made evident by the explosive increase in developers they have built and acquired.

Since 2018 Microsoft has added:
* Ninja Theory. - Hellblade.

* Undead Labs. - State of Decay.

* Compulsion Games. - We happy few.

* Playground Games. - Forza Horizon, Fable. (Granted they always made Xbox exclusives anyway pretty much, so feel free to flick it off the list.)

* inXile Entertainment. - Wasteland.

* Obsidian Entertainment. - Pillars of Eternity, The Outer Worlds, Fallout: New Vegas, Dungeon Siege, KOTOR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2.

* Zenimax Media.
~Bethesda:
- Elderscrolls, Fallout, Starfield.

~Arkane Studios.
- Dishonored, Prey, Wolfenstein.

~ iD Software.
- Doom, Quake, Rage.

That is just in the last 2 years... And there have been hints of further purchases.

Add on the fact Microsoft also has ZeniMax Online Studios, Tanho Gameworks, MachineGames, RARE, Mojang, 343i, The Initiative, Double Fine Production, The Coalition, Turn 10 Studios.

And with it Microsoft has brought in technologies like iDTech game engine, Havok and more which gives it some interesting tech.

I think anyone who thinks Microsoft is going to enter the 9th gen "lacking exclusives" really hasn't been paying attention... It's because of that kind of criticism that Microsoft thrown around Billions of dollars buying up studios... And honestly, I kinda hope they do make them exclusive, it would be epic karma.

Well i'd like to be proved wrong. But after the talk Spence gave at the beginning of the xbox one launch, and the promise of so many great exclusives, which never came, i'm not falling for it yet. They love to talk and hype, and hopefully next gen they bring it, and those studios actually make some great games. Because if they really take it to the max, it will only make sony work harder and will be great for everyone. 

KratosLives said:

Well i'd like to be proved wrong. But after the talk Spence gave at the beginning of the xbox one launch, and the promise of so many great exclusives, which never came, i'm not falling for it yet. They love to talk and hype, and hopefully next gen they bring it, and those studios actually make some great games. Because if they really take it to the max, it will only make sony work harder and will be great for everyone. 

They didn't have the studios to back up their assertions. That is ultimately the difference here.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

You banking on Sony being lazy at optimizing their own games to counter? That’s not a good position to take, especially one based on negative speculation where as for me there’s a list of optimized Xbox One and PS4 games which very clearly favour the Series X in resolution/FPS upgrades. 

Im using available data, you assuming Sony got lazy and cut corners. And you telling me I’m not making a valid argument? Lol cmon 

Never claimed they cut corners. But I know where your heads at so not surprised at your take. But I clearly said they are working on games like god of war soon to be released. This is in no way a priority for them and lets be honest here, games like god of war and ghost of tsushima look better on ps4  pro than thouse games you mentioned getting worked done on series x. So I would say they dont even need to put any effort to make them look bad. And like I already said before, but you ignore, having higher resolution and framerates does not make a better game. People still say thouse games look identical to their 8th gen version.

Now if you want an example of a game struggling with the new hardware look no further than halo infinite. That game looked awful and could not even get ray tracing. No wonder it had to be delayed. So I would suggest first looking inside where theres obvious trouble before speculating about the competition. 

You mean the game from the studio that just torpedo'd the person in charge of that version of the game? Dude, it wasn't even close to being complete. 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
eva01beserk said:

Never claimed they cut corners. But I know where your heads at so not surprised at your take. But I clearly said they are working on games like god of war soon to be released. This is in no way a priority for them and lets be honest here, games like god of war and ghost of tsushima look better on ps4  pro than thouse games you mentioned getting worked done on series x. So I would say they dont even need to put any effort to make them look bad. And like I already said before, but you ignore, having higher resolution and framerates does not make a better game. People still say thouse games look identical to their 8th gen version.

Now if you want an example of a game struggling with the new hardware look no further than halo infinite. That game looked awful and could not even get ray tracing. No wonder it had to be delayed. So I would suggest first looking inside where theres obvious trouble before speculating about the competition. 

You mean the game from the studio that just torpedo'd the person in charge of that version of the game? Dude, it wasn't even close to being complete. 

I think it was close to being complete, just that they got backlash, they're reworking on it. I personally don't have an issue with the graphics, since it's an xbox one game and has been in development for 5 years or more. It's an open world game and the lighting of day may have affected the look, but I think the most glaring thing of the demo was the stuttering issues, which prob shocked more people as a rushed game to be presented.

KratosLives said:
AsGryffynn said:

I think it was close to being complete, just that they got backlash, they're reworking on it. I personally don't have an issue with the graphics, since it's an xbox one game and has been in development for 5 years or more. It's an open world game and the lighting of day may have affected the look, but I think the most glaring thing of the demo was the stuttering issues, which prob shocked more people as a rushed game to be presented.

It was literally an early build.  What you think is irrelevant. It is what it is. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Not being able to compare due to being exclusive games is irrelevant when you consider these are current gen games specifically optimized for next gen. Games designed to run on 2013 hardware. If Xbox can make current gen games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 4K/60 FPS and even beyond but PS5 can only boast “up to” 60 FPS I don’t need to see their games run on the other console to know one is more capable then the other. 

You also dont knw the amount of work that needed to be done to put thouse games to that performance. As far As we heard MS has worked hard to improved thouse games expecially gears and all they canachive is higher fps? Sorry but thatt means nothing  to most gamers. It still looks the exact same. Now look at the work sony put into spiderman, it dosent have crazzy fps but that game does not needed and it looks like a brand new game on the ps5. People are saying movie like. As far as we know the other games like god of war and ghost of sushima got minimal work done. Probably just locked the 4k60 and called quits as thouse teams are probably bussy working on their next title like god of war ragnarok coming in a year. Honestly your not even trying t make a valid argument anymore. 

Gears on SX runs on Ultra PC settings and even goes beyond them in some areas. No, it doesn’t look “exactly the same”. If you read that then you’re reading a bad journalist comparing screenshots or something. More likely though, you’re just ignorant to the Microsoft discussion you are partaking in. Also, you probably shouldn’t even talk about game performance from any gen if you’re going to just dismiss 120fps as of its nothing lol

And really, Spider-Man looks like a “brand new game”? As someone who got the plat in the original, I call bullshit. It looks like exactly what it is, an expansion to a game that already exists. Now it loads faster and looks a little better. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

I ain’t talking game quality, we talking 4k/60 FPS. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 ain’t no slouches so your dismissing of those shows there’s some bias on your end as well. In the end your speculating where as I see this as the first bit of proof of the capabilities of the new hardware. So far Series X comes out on top. For the record Halo Infinite will have RT at launch now and 343 has a severe management problem as they clearly have made gorgeous Halo games in the past. 

I also wasent talking game quality I was talking graphics enhancements. Doubling a games framerate or going from 1800p to 4k and doing nothing else will still give you the exact same game. Sure it might be smoother at that framerate but barely noticeable. DId you see the digital foundry gears 5 upgrade? I actually had to download the thing and put it n my 4k tv to see if it was my laptop that wasent showing me the upgrade. But no, I saw the same thing. What I will give you is that fr me framerate means nothing and im happy at 30 if thats what devs give. So maybe someone who is sensitive to that will see a massive jump. But im gessing that most console gamers dont give a crap for 120fps.

I never claimed to not be bias. I distrust MS in every aspect of gaming. This entire gen was lie after lie from phil and yea exclusivves are coming just keep waiting. 

Im sure halo will be better whenever they launch it now. But thats the hipocrasy of yours. there was no biger turd than it that was about to be a launch game but you seem to find fault in games that have received nothing but praise. Just remember that xbox is launching nothing but upscaled games for who knows how long into next year. Spiderman and Demons SOuls are getting praised by almost everyone. And your critisim is that old games are not getting the work to incrase frmerate to 120.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Have any of them been showned yet? 

Don’t need to. The very idea of the IPs they own coming to Xbox is more then enough to gain excitement. 

Thats true. But the exitement you feel is not for the games since none have anounced, its for the prospect of exclusivity. as you where getting any game already. SO this is full console warior mentality. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.