By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Did the consoles launch already and we missed it? As far As Im aware, no game comparison is out yet and the one dev that has said something dint even comment on the performance of them, just that the ps5 will be 4k upscaled, dint even mention the series x. How did you jump to this conclusion?

Correct me if wrong but it’s from various games we do know about. Games like Gears 5 hitting 120 FPS in multiplayer but you have God Of War and Ghosts of Tsushima hitting “up to” 60fps. Last gen games can’t even hit 4K/60 FPS on PS but seemingly have no trouble comparatively on Series X. Also Twitter is saying Demon Souls is only 1440p 60fps with no ray tracing. Is this not a game with an abundance of corridors and therefore not open world? Things like that. The hardware is struggling, at the very least in upgrading current gen games. 

Are you telling me you are using exclusives for this comparison? What makes you think demons souls could run any better on the series x? Or that gears 5 would run worse on the ps5? Thouse games will never happen so its a pointless what if your bringing. Why is the series x not runing spiderman at 4k60fps with raytracing? Its either cuz its a sony exclusive and its perfomance its in no way indicative of other machines as that was the target set by the devs or the series x just cant handle it at all. wich do you think?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Correct me if wrong but it’s from various games we do know about. Games like Gears 5 hitting 120 FPS in multiplayer but you have God Of War and Ghosts of Tsushima hitting “up to” 60fps. Last gen games can’t even hit 4K/60 FPS on PS but seemingly have no trouble comparatively on Series X. Also Twitter is saying Demon Souls is only 1440p 60fps with no ray tracing. Is this not a game with an abundance of corridors and therefore not open world? Things like that. The hardware is struggling, at the very least in upgrading current gen games. 

Are you telling me you are using exclusives for this comparison? What makes you think demons souls could run any better on the series x? Or that gears 5 would run worse on the ps5? Thouse games will never happen so its a pointless what if your bringing. Why is the series x not runing spiderman at 4k60fps with raytracing? Its either cuz its a sony exclusive and its perfomance its in no way indicative of other machines as that was the target set by the devs or the series x just cant handle it at all. wich do you think?

Not being able to compare due to being exclusive games is irrelevant when you consider these are current gen games specifically optimized for next gen. Games designed to run on 2013 hardware. If Xbox can make current gen games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 4K/60 FPS and even beyond but PS5 can only boast “up to” 60 FPS or cant hit 4k...I don’t need to see their games run on the other console to know one is more capable then the other. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Not being able to compare due to being exclusive games is irrelevant when you consider these are current gen games specifically optimized for next gen. Games designed to run on 2013 hardware. If Xbox can make current gen games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 4K/60 FPS and even beyond but PS5 can only boast “up to” 60 FPS I don’t need to see their games run on the other console to know one is more capable then the other. 

You also dont knw the amount of work that needed to be done to put thouse games to that performance. As far As we heard MS has worked hard to improved thouse games expecially gears and all they canachive is higher fps? Sorry but thatt means nothing  to most gamers. It still looks the exact same. Now look at the work sony put into spiderman, it dosent have crazzy fps but that game does not needed and it looks like a brand new game on the ps5. People are saying movie like. As far as we know the other games like god of war and ghost of sushima got minimal work done. Probably just locked the 4k60 and called quits as thouse teams are probably bussy working on their next title like god of war ragnarok coming in a year. Honestly your not even trying t make a valid argument anymore. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Angelv577 said:
Like jim ryan said " Let the games do the talking" and so far, it aint looking good for xbox.

The fact that Xbox just gained all of Bethesda's I.P is actually making Xbox look extremely good.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Not being able to compare due to being exclusive games is irrelevant when you consider these are current gen games specifically optimized for next gen. Games designed to run on 2013 hardware. If Xbox can make current gen games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 4K/60 FPS and even beyond but PS5 can only boast “up to” 60 FPS I don’t need to see their games run on the other console to know one is more capable then the other. 

You also dont knw the amount of work that needed to be done to put thouse games to that performance. As far As we heard MS has worked hard to improved thouse games expecially gears and all they canachive is higher fps? Sorry but thatt means nothing  to most gamers. It still looks the exact same. Now look at the work sony put into spiderman, it dosent have crazzy fps but that game does not needed and it looks like a brand new game on the ps5. People are saying movie like. As far as we know the other games like god of war and ghost of sushima got minimal work done. Probably just locked the 4k60 and called quits as thouse teams are probably bussy working on their next title like god of war ragnarok coming in a year. Honestly your not even trying t make a valid argument anymore. 

You banking on Sony being lazy at optimizing their own games to counter? That’s not a good position to take, especially one based on negative speculation where as for me there’s a list of optimized Xbox One and PS4 games which very clearly favour the Series X in resolution/FPS upgrades. 

Im using available data, you assuming Sony got lazy and cut corners. And you telling me I’m not making a valid argument? Lol cmon 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

You banking on Sony being lazy at optimizing their own games to counter? That’s not a good position to take, especially one based on negative speculation where as for me there’s a list of optimized Xbox One and PS4 games which very clearly favour the Series X in resolution/FPS upgrades. 

Im using available data, you assuming Sony got lazy and cut corners. And you telling me I’m not making a valid argument? Lol cmon 

Never claimed they cut corners. But I know where your heads at so not surprised at your take. But I clearly said they are working on games like god of war soon to be released. This is in no way a priority for them and lets be honest here, games like god of war and ghost of tsushima look better on ps4  pro than thouse games you mentioned getting worked done on series x. So I would say they dont even need to put any effort to make them look bad. And like I already said before, but you ignore, having higher resolution and framerates does not make a better game. People still say thouse games look identical to their 8th gen version.

Now if you want an example of a game struggling with the new hardware look no further than halo infinite. That game looked awful and could not even get ray tracing. No wonder it had to be delayed. So I would suggest first looking inside where theres obvious trouble before speculating about the competition. 

Pemalite said:
Angelv577 said:
Like jim ryan said " Let the games do the talking" and so far, it aint looking good for xbox.

The fact that Xbox just gained all of Bethesda's I.P is actually making Xbox look extremely good.

Have any of them been showned yet? 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Never claimed they cut corners. But I know where your heads at so not surprised at your take. But I clearly said they are working on games like god of war soon to be released. This is in no way a priority for them and lets be honest here, games like god of war and ghost of tsushima look better on ps4  pro than thouse games you mentioned getting worked done on series x. So I would say they dont even need to put any effort to make them look bad. And like I already said before, but you ignore, having higher resolution and framerates does not make a better game. People still say thouse games look identical to their 8th gen version.

Now if you want an example of a game struggling with the new hardware look no further than halo infinite. That game looked awful and could not even get ray tracing. No wonder it had to be delayed. So I would suggest first looking inside where theres obvious trouble before speculating about the competition. 

I ain’t talking game quality, we talking 4k/60 FPS. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 ain’t no slouches so your dismissing of those shows there’s some bias on your end as well. In the end your speculating where as I see this as the first bit of proof of the capabilities of the new hardware. So far Series X comes out on top. For the record Halo Infinite will have RT at launch now and 343 has a severe management problem as they clearly have made gorgeous Halo games in the past. 

eva01beserk said:
Pemalite said:

Have any of them been showned yet? 

Don’t need to. The very idea of the IPs they own coming to Xbox is more then enough to gain excitement. 

Pemalite said:
Angelv577 said:

But does it really? those bethesda games were expected to come as multiplats, and microsoft was lacking in the exclusives department, so even with the bethesda buyout, it needs to still prove itself and make more quality exclusives beyond halo and forza, and what ever 2 or 3 highly regarded AAA games that come from bethesda in the next 7 years. Even still i hightly doubt elder scrolls/starfield ( if it does release at all next gen) , or fallout 5 for that matter, will stay as xbox only exclusives.  There is alot to be made from licensing fees onto ps5, and the buyout was mainly to make gamepass more attractive, not necessarlity to lure ps5 players over. I expect them to release on ps5, if not day 1, then a year later, after they have made their money on xbox.