By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Not many people would say that. PS5 does have its hardware advantages.So smaller file size.Here is a copy from Era.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
PS5: 41.79 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 72.47 GB
Xbox SX uses 73% more space

Control Ultimate Edition
PS5: 25.75 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 50.5 GB
Xbox SX uses 94% more space

Resident Evil Village
PS5: 27.40 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 30.2 GB
Xbox SX uses 10% more space

Marvel's Avengers
PS5: 46.73 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 116.59 GB
Xbox SX uses 149% more space

Subnautica
PS5: 3.76 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 8.31 GB
Xbox SX uses 121% more space

Subnautica Below Zero
PS5: 6.18 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 10.72 GB
Xbox SX uses 74% more space

Crash Bandicoot 4
PS5: 20.05 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 28 GB
Xbox SX uses 40% more space

Biomutant
PS5: 11.25 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 13.56 GB
Xbox SX uses 21% more space

Star Wars Squadrons
PS5: 20 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 24.91 GB
Xbox SX uses 25% more space

Watch Dogs Legion
PS5: 35.73 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 61.68 GB
Xbox SX uses 73% more space

Outriders
PS5: 46.17 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 51.26 GB
Xbox SX uses 11% more space

Immortals Fenyx Rising
PS5: 22.31 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 32.95 GB
Xbox SX uses 48% more space

MLB The Show Standard Edition
PS5: 59.19 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 87.1 GB
Xbox SX uses 47% more space no

Dirt 5
PS5: 50.92 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 62.39 GB
Xbox SX uses 23% more space

Tony Hawk's
PS5: 21.04 GB
Xbox Series S/X: 31.9 GB
Xbox SX uses 52% more space

I remember alot from the xbox side makeing fun of the PS5 for not haveing a full TB, like the series X.
The irony is, install 10 games on both systems, and usually the PS5 has more space left over.

i do question the accuracy of this info if we look at the news:

Ubisoft announced Title Update 1.4.1 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla will reduce the install size of the game on all platforms. The update will require players to re-download the entire game as part of the restructuring.

The Title Update has consolidated the game files, which will also help improve load times, improve world data streaming, and overall runtime performance.

The Xbox Series X|S consoles will see the greatest reduction in install size. The size of the game has been reduced by 44 GB to 72 GB. On the Xbox One, the size has shrunk by 30 GB to 63 GB. On the PS5, the size has been reduced by 13 GB to 77 GB, while on PS4 it has shrunk by 30 GB to 75 GB. On PC, the game install size has decreased by 34 GB to 77 GB. The exact size of the game will vary depending on the language pack installed.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

LMAO so much for using factual correct info

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

What about the other 20 games?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

EricHiggin said:
Pemalite said:

Until there is evidence, it's just a baseless claim that can be discarded.

Like how XBSX would clearly outperform PS5, due to the PS5's lack of, full RDNA2? 

Absolutely. Or were you expecting a different response? :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
kirby007 said:

What about the other 20 games?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-versions-of-multiplat-games-appear-to-on-average-have-smaller-file-sizes-than-series-x-s-counterparts.436418/page-2

i remembered something fishy about this, good one calling me out while i was the only one who was providing actual evidence

edit : also 14 other games not 20

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

Like how XBSX would clearly outperform PS5, due to the PS5's lack of, full RDNA2? 

Absolutely. Or were you expecting a different response? :P

Not on your part, if that's where it ended up coming from. You never know who has something to say.