By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

HollyGamer said:

This is just full marketing . In fact none of both consoles are pure desktop GPU. Microsoft has their own costume solution and PS5 also has their own costume solution. But both are RDNA 2 in term of ALU and ipc gain. What made the difference is the API. Microsoft will be using most of DX 12 ultimate for RDNA 2, while PS5 will be using their own API GNM/GNMX for their costume RDNA 2.

The funny thing is Microsoft is just like to poke at console war, probably they don't have anything to hype beside spec /gamepass . Sony are full of thing to hype from controller, spec, games, etc. 

This is a good example. We have so much evidence aside from actual comparisons which we won’t see until Nov 10, but many fans still refuse to give a inch. Instead of saying “Xbox may have a slight lead on specs but PS has a new controller and games I want to play which will be amazing” we get “This is just marketing spin”. 

This isn’t gaming communism, not all consoles are created equal. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Console wars must end, none of this matters. Why are people still debating the specs?

KratosLives said:
Console wars must end, none of this matters. Why are people still debating the specs?

My thoughts exactly. It should have been decided the moment we saw both spec sheets back in Spring. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
KratosLives said:

My thoughts exactly. It should have been decided the moment we saw both spec sheets back in Spring. 

Sales2099  as a Sony fan I would like to offer my support in your cause for Xbox Series X having the more powerful console. You really don't need to fight this point, I think most level headed people can concede to this regardless of their allegiance.

That being said I think a lot of people making posts in this thread are spreading a bunch of misinformation, and directly misleading other members with regards to the topic at hand.

If you are someone with any sense of competency in technical speak...I suggest watching the Cerny presentation (specifically the 5 minutes he talks about the PS5 geometry engine) and aligning the PS5 feature set with that of RDNA2. For the most part its exactly the same. It really just seems like there is an agenda being pushed in the thread, and that doesn't really bode well for decent technical discussion.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
sales2099 said:

Sales2099  as a Sony fan I would like to offer my support in your cause for Xbox Series X having the more powerful console. You really don't need to fight this point, I think most level headed people can concede to this regardless of their allegiance.

That being said I think a lot of people making posts in this thread are spreading a bunch of misinformation, and directly misleading other members with regards to the topic at hand.

If you are someone with any sense of competency in technical speak...I suggest watching the Cerny presentation (specifically the 5 minutes he talks about the PS5 geometry engine) and aligning the PS5 feature set with that of RDNA2. For the most part its exactly the same. It really just seems like there is an agenda being pushed in the thread, and that doesn't really bode well for decent technical discussion.

That’s fair to say. If there’s a agenda being pushed that you don’t agree with it’s fair to counter that. Otherwise thanks. 

Around the Network

The thing that I'm most curious about is actually the one thing less talked about, and that is Machine Learning. I mean, if developers start using machine learning for the AI in their games, we might finally start seeing non-dumb NPCs.

Looking back at this thread one year later is hilarious.

PotentHerbs said:

Looking back at this thread one year later is hilarious.

this wouldn't relate towards the dumb shit from the skyrim thread would it? if so pot meet kettle

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

this wouldn't relate towards the dumb shit from the skyrim thread would it? if so pot meet kettle

This thread is a goldmine compared to the Skyrim thread.

And for someone who likes to chastise PS fans in general or other users about "the Switch cliff!", but complain about me bumping a thread filled with terrible takes, you should also meet the kettle. 

PotentHerbs said:
kirby007 said:

This thread is a goldmine compared to the Skyrim thread.

And for someone who likes to chastise PS fans in general or other users about "the Switch cliff!", but complain about me bumping a thread filled with terrible takes, you should also meet the kettle. 

i dont chastise PS fans, i target people who ignore common sense, now if you infer that 1+1=2 thats your take not mine

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.