By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

kirby007 said:

i dont chastise PS fans, i target people who ignore common sense, now if you infer that 1+1=2 thats your take not mine

Sure you don't.

Its ironic you bring up common sense, since this thread was created AFTER the official PS5 teardown dropped on the Playstation channel which confirmed RDNA2, but we still had many users in this thread argue against it. Where's the common sense/ critical thinking in that?

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Console wars must end, none of this matters. Why are people still debating the specs?

People are still debating specs on forums of SNES and Genesis. It will never end sadly.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

PotentHerbs said:
kirby007 said:

i dont chastise PS fans, i target people who ignore common sense, now if you infer that 1+1=2 thats your take not mine

Sure you don't.

Its ironic you bring up common sense, since this thread was created AFTER the official PS5 teardown dropped on the Playstation channel which confirmed RDNA2, but we still had many users in this thread argue against it. Where's the common sense/ critical thinking in that?

Is that the one where cerny said clearly that teraflops is not a clear scale of power? 

Or is this the one where that guy just opened the box? To long ago to remember.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

This thread was an IQ test in 2020.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

You put time and talent into this and you’ll make great looking games sure. For us Gears 5 remains a benchmark in graphics. 

But I digress, it’s more 25% (because the PS5 can’t overclock for long periods of time allegedly). I got a feeling we will see many games where only one console can hit 4k, or 60fps, or do authentic ray tracing, which is good enough for me.

We had the power narrative since Xbox One X. And nobody is claiming the Series X gap will be the same as Xbox One/PS4, merely that we will continue to hold the power narrative. 

I will have to say now that i might be jumping ships now. Just saw the latest loose ends from MooresLawisDead and I got to admit that Im jumping on the hype train and now belive that the ps5 will be the better console. He addreses the series x not having the infinity cache. Ps5 might have some at lower capacity, but it will be also shared with the cpu along with the cache scrubers and the enhanced geometry engine. He also states that the series x gpu is a server grade so it will benefit more in compute there not as much in gaming. 

@BOLD. nobody but xbox fans claim this. Sony has adresed this already. It will drop no more than a couple of percent. 

I used to watch a lot of MILD videos back then. While most of the gaming media was obsessed with 12TFLOPS, he was cool about it. 

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
eva01beserk said:

I will have to say now that i might be jumping ships now. Just saw the latest loose ends from MooresLawisDead and I got to admit that Im jumping on the hype train and now belive that the ps5 will be the better console. He addreses the series x not having the infinity cache. Ps5 might have some at lower capacity, but it will be also shared with the cpu along with the cache scrubers and the enhanced geometry engine. He also states that the series x gpu is a server grade so it will benefit more in compute there not as much in gaming. 

@BOLD. nobody but xbox fans claim this. Sony has adresed this already. It will drop no more than a couple of percent. 

I used to watch a lot of MILD videos back then. While most of the gaming media was obsessed with 12TFLOPS, he was cool about it. 

He was one of the only ones to addres the pixel fill rate advantage and the xbox split memory. Almost all just focused on the tflops. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Well there where a lot of unknowns back then. And the media dint help as the biggest chanels where also clueless. 

I say now is an IQ test if you choose to ignore results of the first year and hold on to secret sauce like tools and all the rest of the marketing talk. 

eva01beserk said:

Is that the one where cerny said clearly that teraflops is not a clear scale of power? 

Or is this the one where that guy just opened the box? To long ago to remember.

Its the second one. Literally a few weeks before this thread was started. 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

More L's in this thread than the 7 - 59 Charlotte Bobcats. 

I would like to think I was fairly on point in this entire thread.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--