By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

coolbeans said:
eva01beserk said:

So why are you excited then?

I think you're asking the wrong guy that question.  I'm not sure who you were originally quoting.

If I were to guess, there answer would be something about their track record.

Sorry about that, just saw the reply and assume it was the same guy. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats true. But the exitement you feel is not for the games since none have anounced, its for the prospect of exclusivity. as you where getting any game already. SO this is full console warior mentality. 

Don’t need to have a console war mentality to know Elder Scrolls 6 on Xbox and not on PS5 is gonna sell a shit ton of Xboxs and surge Game Pass subs across console/PC/Android 

Btw Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have been announced 2.5 years ago. Leaks for both games, people in the know have an idea what the games will look like. More Doom and Wolfenstein games are always welcome. So yes I’m very much excited for the games as well. 

So you first say that you dont need console war mentality but then proceed to use a console war argument. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

I also wasent talking game quality I was talking graphics enhancements. Doubling a games framerate or going from 1800p to 4k and doing nothing else will still give you the exact same game. Sure it might be smoother at that framerate but barely noticeable. DId you see the digital foundry gears 5 upgrade? I actually had to download the thing and put it n my 4k tv to see if it was my laptop that wasent showing me the upgrade. But no, I saw the same thing. What I will give you is that fr me framerate means nothing and im happy at 30 if thats what devs give. So maybe someone who is sensitive to that will see a massive jump. But im gessing that most console gamers dont give a crap for 120fps.

I never claimed to not be bias. I distrust MS in every aspect of gaming. This entire gen was lie after lie from phil and yea exclusivves are coming just keep waiting. 

Im sure halo will be better whenever they launch it now. But thats the hipocrasy of yours. there was no biger turd than it that was about to be a launch game but you seem to find fault in games that have received nothing but praise. Just remember that xbox is launching nothing but upscaled games for who knows how long into next year. Spiderman and Demons SOuls are getting praised by almost everyone. And your critisim is that old games are not getting the work to incrase frmerate to 120.

We have discussed earlier in the year that it takes up processing power to increase resolution and FPS. Sacrifice graphical fidelity to achieve these goals. But these are last gen games. The graphics are the same and thus all new hardware specs are spent optimizing resolution and FPS only. That said it’s clear Series X can take their Xbox One games further then PS5 can take theirs. That’s the end result fact, and you can spin that however you like. We will find out soon enough for next gen multiplats. 

Bold: No you said they didn’t get the work. I’m saying PS5 cant do better and that it’s specs can only be pushed so far. 

That is no way arguable. What im arguing is that you are using incomparable games by different teams for games that will never come to oposing consoles to test as an argument. Thats just ridiculous. I say wait for the multyplats as that will be the only way to really test this.

I said that might be a possibility. I have no way of knowing this and neither do you. What I will sure say is that it is a bigger priority for sony to work on GOW2 than it is to enhanced GOW1. I will also say its frankly unnecessary to do so. 

Machiavellian said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats true. But the exitement you feel is not for the games since none have anounced, its for the prospect of exclusivity. as you where getting any game already. SO this is full console warior mentality. 

Isn't that the excitement every gamer who is married to a system feels.  People were already excited about Demon Souls before they saw any footage.  People were excited about God of War and other properties from Sony before they saw anything.  Excitement builds based on previous accomplishments and that is no different then people being excited for the games coming from MS latest purchase deal.  Reading a lot of forums, I see that this has actually gain MS a lot of mind share where a lot of people who would easily skip an Xbox purchase now considering getting one.  It doesn't have to be on release, over the course of the console lifecycle when games from all of these studios come out, if they maintain their high mark will move systems.  Console war mentality is when people just pick a side and only see what interest them with their chosen console.  Lets not act like everything is decided yet.

How exited where people when square enix announced that spiderman dlc would be exclusive to playstation? very few, they got heavily criticized for that. Buying exclusivity is never looked positively. 

how can you even compare any of theese games to god of war or demons souls. God of war released a 2018 masterpice that ended on a clifthangar. It was ovbious a sequel was coming and they already loved the first one so they kknow they will love the second. Demon souls is a remake. Aside from graphics its the exact ssame game, so if you loved the original you will love this. You cant compare that to games where we have seen nothing off, just that we know its coming cuz its a franchise. If it wassomething like fifa or call of duty wich is the eact same shit year after year, you can definetly be exited even if you heardnothing of the coming game cuz you know its gona be more of what you love. 

What I find hipocritical is people who have shown no interest in said game before, now claiming that this adquisition is the best of all times now that its exclusive for their side and sudenly these games are amazing.

And I will call bullshit on my own side when ever its needed and that includes naughty dog. I loved the hell out of the last of us and whole heartly belive it was the greatest game that generation saw, then they butcherd the sequel and made it an lgbt pride special. So they have lost any interest from me in any future title and they have to get rid of all that shit before I even consider buying any game from them in the future. and if you dont belive me look at my history as I was banned for critiquing  that pile of shit and yes, its my team that I hold to a standard before the competition. 

you're talking out of your ass.
the formula change in the next gow will be as big as in the next fallout or TES
Im well chuffed MS got bethesda because that means i wont have to wait years before i can play those IPs on PC like im used to.
Now you could say if Sony would have picked up Zeni/bethesda would still have been released IPs on PC but thats speculating, and very unlikely looking at history

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Don’t need to have a console war mentality to know Elder Scrolls 6 on Xbox and not on PS5 is gonna sell a shit ton of Xboxs and surge Game Pass subs across console/PC/Android 

Btw Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have been announced 2.5 years ago. Leaks for both games, people in the know have an idea what the games will look like. More Doom and Wolfenstein games are always welcome. So yes I’m very much excited for the games as well. 

So you first say that you dont need console war mentality but then proceed to use a console war argument. 

Saying I’m excited for future heavy hitting IPs and that they will be system sellers if only on Xbox is just common sense. You mean to tell me PS gamers aren’t excited for IPs that aren't officially announced/gameplay shown yet? Works both ways. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

We have discussed earlier in the year that it takes up processing power to increase resolution and FPS. Sacrifice graphical fidelity to achieve these goals. But these are last gen games. The graphics are the same and thus all new hardware specs are spent optimizing resolution and FPS only. That said it’s clear Series X can take their Xbox One games further then PS5 can take theirs. That’s the end result fact, and you can spin that however you like. We will find out soon enough for next gen multiplats. 

Bold: No you said they didn’t get the work. I’m saying PS5 cant do better and that it’s specs can only be pushed so far. 

That is no way arguable. What im arguing is that you are using incomparable games by different teams for games that will never come to oposing consoles to test as an argument. Thats just ridiculous. I say wait for the multyplats as that will be the only way to really test this.

I said that might be a possibility. I have no way of knowing this and neither do you. What I will sure say is that it is a bigger priority for sony to work on GOW2 than it is to enhanced GOW1. I will also say its frankly unnecessary to do so. 

Lol ok you just bought yourself 2 weeks. If you wanna delay the inevitable fine by me. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is just full marketing . In fact none of both consoles are pure desktop GPU. Microsoft has their own costume solution and PS5 also has their own costume solution. But both are RDNA 2 in term of ALU and ipc gain. What made the difference is the API. Microsoft will be using most of DX 12 ultimate for RDNA 2, while PS5 will be using their own API GNM/GNMX for their costume RDNA 2.

The funny thing is Microsoft is just like to poke at console war, probably they don't have anything to hype beside spec /gamepass . Sony are full of thing to hype from controller, spec, games, etc. 

So from reading through all this it sounds like the ps5 shouldn't see any advantages in multiplatform games other than load times. Disappointing but far from a deal breaker.

4 ≈ One

Here is a video of Godfall PC Version highlighting the importance of DX12 Ultimate on that game. Gotta say, it looks REALLY good running on an RX 6000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLFctc0iMU