By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

coolbeans said:
eva01beserk said:

Have any of them been showned yet? 

No, the developer who Microsoft committed to purchasing them a month ago hasn't shown their next game yet.

So why are you excited then?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
KratosLives said:

I think it was close to being complete, just that they got backlash, they're reworking on it. I personally don't have an issue with the graphics, since it's an xbox one game and has been in development for 5 years or more. It's an open world game and the lighting of day may have affected the look, but I think the most glaring thing of the demo was the stuttering issues, which prob shocked more people as a rushed game to be presented.

It was literally an early build.  What you think is irrelevant. It is what it is. 

An early build of a game lauching in a month? does that make sense to you? after 5 years of developement, what where they gona do in the last minute?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Don’t need to. The very idea of the IPs they own coming to Xbox is more then enough to gain excitement. 

Thats true. But the exitement you feel is not for the games since none have anounced, its for the prospect of exclusivity. as you where getting any game already. SO this is full console warior mentality. 

Don’t need to have a console war mentality to know Elder Scrolls 6 on Xbox and not on PS5 is gonna sell a shit ton of Xboxs and surge Game Pass subs across console/PC/Android 

Btw Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have been announced 2.5 years ago. Leaks for both games, people in the know have an idea what the games will look like. More Doom and Wolfenstein games are always welcome. So yes I’m very much excited for the games as well. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 01 November 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

I ain’t talking game quality, we talking 4k/60 FPS. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 ain’t no slouches so your dismissing of those shows there’s some bias on your end as well. In the end your speculating where as I see this as the first bit of proof of the capabilities of the new hardware. So far Series X comes out on top. For the record Halo Infinite will have RT at launch now and 343 has a severe management problem as they clearly have made gorgeous Halo games in the past. 

I also wasent talking game quality I was talking graphics enhancements. Doubling a games framerate or going from 1800p to 4k and doing nothing else will still give you the exact same game. Sure it might be smoother at that framerate but barely noticeable. DId you see the digital foundry gears 5 upgrade? I actually had to download the thing and put it n my 4k tv to see if it was my laptop that wasent showing me the upgrade. But no, I saw the same thing. What I will give you is that fr me framerate means nothing and im happy at 30 if thats what devs give. So maybe someone who is sensitive to that will see a massive jump. But im gessing that most console gamers dont give a crap for 120fps.

I never claimed to not be bias. I distrust MS in every aspect of gaming. This entire gen was lie after lie from phil and yea exclusivves are coming just keep waiting. 

Im sure halo will be better whenever they launch it now. But thats the hipocrasy of yours. there was no biger turd than it that was about to be a launch game but you seem to find fault in games that have received nothing but praise. Just remember that xbox is launching nothing but upscaled games for who knows how long into next year. Spiderman and Demons SOuls are getting praised by almost everyone. And your critisim is that old games are not getting the work to incrase frmerate to 120.

We have discussed earlier in the year that it takes up processing power to increase resolution and FPS. Sacrifice graphical fidelity to achieve these goals. But these are last gen games. The graphics are the same and thus all new hardware specs are spent optimizing resolution and FPS only. That said it’s clear Series X can take their Xbox One games further then PS5 can take theirs. That’s the end result fact, and you can spin that however you like. We will find out soon enough for next gen multiplats. 

Bold: No you said they didn’t get the work. I’m saying PS5 cant do better and that it’s specs can only be pushed so far. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Don’t need to. The very idea of the IPs they own coming to Xbox is more then enough to gain excitement. 

Thats true. But the exitement you feel is not for the games since none have anounced, its for the prospect of exclusivity. as you where getting any game already. SO this is full console warior mentality. 

It is. And he is acting worse than anyone else on VGC right now. And he revels in it.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Or he can be excited for the games whether they are exclusive or not. Plus now he doesn’t even have to pay for them if he has GamePass, another reason to be excited.

Whether a game is announced or not doesn’t mean you can’t be excited for it. Horizon 5 isn’t actually announced yet AFAIK but I am excited for it. They don’t have to announce a new Doom or Elder Scrolls for people to be excited about it. Hope that helps.

LudicrousSpeed said:
eva01beserk said:

Or he can be excited for the games whether they are exclusive or not. Plus now he doesn’t even have to pay for them if he has GamePass, another reason to be excited.

Whether a game is announced or not doesn’t mean you can’t be excited for it. Horizon 5 isn’t actually announced yet AFAIK but I am excited for it. They don’t have to announce a new Doom or Elder Scrolls for people to be excited about it. Hope that helps.

That reminds me of a very popular slogan used back in the day: "Greatness Awaits."

chakkra said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

That reminds me of a very popular slogan used back in the day: "Greatness Awaits."

lol

I mean, the idea that you could look over the wealth of studios in the Zenimax deal and say the only reason to be excited is because of the exclusive factor is sheer nonsense. He’s a Sony guy and that’s fine, but if he’s trying to tell us he isn’t excited about whatever Naughty Dogs next unannounced project is, or wasn’t excited about an inevitable Horizon Zero Dawn 2 before it was announced.... come on man. And the audacity to type that out while talking about console warrior mentality. Yikes.

Pemalite said:
Angelv577 said:
Like jim ryan said " Let the games do the talking" and so far, it aint looking good for xbox.

The fact that Xbox just gained all of Bethesda's I.P is actually making Xbox look extremely good.

I was talking about the games shown so far.  

PotentHerbs said:
Considering Demon's Souls is the best looking next gen title, the Xbox Series X/S having full RDNA2 won't matter, until the Series X has a title that looks heads and shoulders better than any PS5 titles.

Otherwise, its a minor advantage that doesn't compare to the potential of the SSD/ IO throughput, with near instant load times being the tip of the iceberg.

Just because Demon Souls is arguably the best looking next-gen game(as of now), doesn't mean the extra power the XSX has won't make a difference later into the generation. Could Demon Souls run on the XSX? Most definitely. 

It's like Saying, Ryse was the best looking Launch game last gen, but does that take away from the power advantage the ps4 had? No, it just means the game was optimized really well for the X1 and could have ran on the ps4 if they built the game for it. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 01 November 2020