By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set

kirby007 said:
PotentHerbs said:

This thread is a goldmine compared to the Skyrim thread.

And for someone who likes to chastise PS fans in general or other users about "the Switch cliff!", but complain about me bumping a thread filled with terrible takes, you should also meet the kettle. 

i dont chastise PS fans, i target people who ignore common sense, now if you infer that 1+1=2 thats your take not mine

Zing

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
kirby007 said:

i dont chastise PS fans, i target people who ignore common sense, now if you infer that 1+1=2 thats your take not mine

Zing

So why isn't Kirby targeting the users in this thread with their lack of common sense? 

PotentHerbs said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Zing

So why isn't Kirby targeting the users in this thread with their lack of common sense? 

1. I’m not Kirby, nor are you. What you or I find illogical may not be illogical to him. 

2. The posts are all here in the thread. Instead of being vague, just point to the posts you’d like Kirby to address and maybe he will. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

1. I’m not Kirby, nor are you. What you or I find illogical may not be illogical to him. 

2. The posts are all here in the thread. Instead of being vague, just point to the posts you’d like Kirby to address and maybe he will. 

1. Arguing against information provided from the Playstation channel is as illogical as it can get. That's like me doubting Nintendo's software sales and saying it isn't illogical to do so. Both are clear cut examples where official sources confirm these as facts.

2. Bumping this thread is enough to call people out. We can all read these posts, we have enough hindsight at our disposal (AMD announcement, PS5 teardown, DF comparisons, etc) to see these takes fall flat. But hey, if he wants me to point out these posts, I'll do so if he can tell me why they are/aren't illogical.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 05 December 2021

If you infer that adjusted rdna = rdna 2, you are argueing on a implication not on fact. Besides we will see how the ps5 will do intels machine learning if we are going to base things on guesses.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Besides its your shitty blanket statement so the burden of proof in this case the posts lies with you

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

shikamaru317 said:

This matches with the rumors that PS5 was originally designed as a 2019 console, but had to be delayed into 2020, full RDNA 2 wouldn't have been ready if PS5 was designed as a 2019 console originally. Also explains why PS5 has a 350 watt power supply compared to 320 watt for Xbox Series X, even though Xbox Series X is more powerful and has locked clocks compared to variable clocks on PS5; if PS5 is only RDNA 1.5 (RDNA 1 with some RDNA 2 features), we know that RDNA 2 is more power efficient, which would explain why Xbox Series can get away with a smaller power supply in spite of the console being more powerful.

Many posts from Shikamaru within this thread pushing the idea that PS5 is RDNA 1.5. 

chakkra said:

I've been seeing this rumor running around online for a while now, but these are the things that you cannot mention in here bcuz it is considered "console war,"
But anyway, my suspicions that the rumor might've been true started when MS kept mentioning DirectML while Sony did not. I'm really intrigued to see how this feature will be utilized in the future. The most logical thing would be to use it to implement its own version of DLSS.

Apparently Sony not advertising buzzwords is proof they don't have full RDNA2. 

sales2099 said:

Custom could mean anything. Most industry people connected imply it’s a “RDNA 1.5” but if we gotta wait we gotta wait. It’s amazing how people say power doesn’t matter but I’ve never seen a fan group cling to the power narrative quite like what I’m seeing this year. Not you but in general. 

Well now we going into other territory. That’s FUD imo regarding Series S. CPU and SSD parity mean that only resolution, FPS, and some graphical fidelity take a hit. Much like PC games on Ultra settings vs medium settings. It was designed with scalability in mind.  

Can you confirm the recent delay was due to last gen versions? Just seems like unusual circumstances of crunch coupled with working under pandemic conditions. 

LMFAO!! I could fill this reply with a bunch of Sales posts which had many upvotes too...

DirtyP2002 said:

The fun part is that some guy in this thread recommended us to got to Gaf for a meltdown.
Ehm, nope. We don’t need to go anywhere to witness...

This post implies Playstation fans are having a meltdown because the PS5 is RDNA 1.5 

kirby007 said:

Besides its your shitty blanket statement so the burden of proof in this case the posts lies with you

AMD confirmed the PS5 & Xbox Series X are RDNA2. That is a fact.

Vodacixi said:
KratosLives said:
Mark cerny isn't an idiot, he and engineers know exactly what's happening in latest technologies, which have been going on a for a while.

I mean... He created Knack. And then he went and made Knack II. He can't be THAT smart xD

Hey... I actually liked both of those games! I even platinumed the first one.

Yes well if that are the post you were making the fuss about, then i dont know what to tell you but the following:
If/rumor/likely none of these present anything as fact. If this is your evidence you really need to try harder. This is what i suspect with your blanket statement you tried to spin a narrative that these people claimed factually that it was confirmed 100% to be 1.5 whatever that entails. I called you out on it and you tried to attack me on the person.