By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you want Microsoft to buy out next?

Who do you want MS to buy out next?

Sega 10 25.64%

Capcom 3 7.69%

Konomi 1 2.56%

Square-Enix 1 2.56%

EA 4 10.26%

Blizzard 2 5.13%

WB 2 5.13%

Level 5 0 0%

Ubisoft 2 5.13%

Other 14 35.90%

Total:39
Jannlee48504 said:
Leynos said:

Except they can't and you're on ignore for the time being.

I believe you're wrong sega is a subsidiary so im pretty sure they can if segasammy wants to get out the gaming market...just the same as when Warner bros was interested in getting rid of wbgames...but I get it u don't want microsoft to buy them but if sony did u would be fine lol

You're right.  Sega is a subsidiary of a Holding Company (Sega Sammy Holding).  Sony is irrelevant to the conversation, though.

Around the Network

Square Enix

coolbeans said:
Zkuq said:
No one. The big don't need to get even bigger. If I have to choose one, any small and relatively worthless company will do because it won't make much of a difference.

Now if this was about which company made the most sense for MS to purchase, the question might be more interesting...

Alright.  Let's make that specific question for you.  What new purchase makes the most sense iyo?  (Discounting Captain_Yuri b/c that's already assumed)

Hmm. I don't see much point investing in the Japanese market unless you go much further than just buying one company, so that largely eliminates Japanese companies. They do have some valuable franchises, but off the top of my head, I can't really name any that I would expect to make a huge difference. I'll go with EA for the sports titles, because exclusive sports titles would probably be pretty big in the long run. Of course that's assuming MS would make them exclusive, because it doesn't seem guaranteed (looking at Minecraft and Zenimax here). For what I imagine to be a more affordable acquisition, Blizzard might also be a good choice, althoug the PC focus of WoW eats away some of the benefits. Sega and Ubisoft would also be good for gaining a bit of strength here and there, but my overall choice is still EA mainly for the sports titles.

Of course that's all ignoring costs... EA is huge and might not be either practical or even feasible (although more likely it is feasible).

Microsoft should buy brilliant analyst Mr. Patcher. He'll be an asset in the company as a "troll" spokesman against Sony and Nintendo.

I hope they fail to buy anyone else.
But if they do it'll probably be another loved independent company like Wayforward, Playtonic or the perfect choice would be Nippon Ichi Software/NIS America as they do a lot of E rated games, they are struggling in the stock market and are big in Japan. I don't see them getting Level-5 as Microsoft isn't really involved in the Anime and toy business.

Around the Network

Techland and Asobo.

WB games. Just so Mortal Kombat can go back to being a good franchise. No more MTX and grind please.

Asobo to be most realistic. Flight Sim and Plague tale are amazing titles and would give unique additions. Eventually, Valve. Amazing back catalog and Steam obviously.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Buy 2k games.

Sell off wresting and NBA to another studio.

Moon Studios, they are one of the best talented studios going around.