By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you want Microsoft to buy out next?

Who do you want MS to buy out next?

Sega 10 25.64%

Capcom 3 7.69%

Konomi 1 2.56%

Square-Enix 1 2.56%

EA 4 10.26%

Blizzard 2 5.13%

WB 2 5.13%

Level 5 0 0%

Ubisoft 2 5.13%

Other 14 35.90%

Total:39

No one....earn it on their own merits. They have enough companies to make great games, now do it.

Around the Network

No one. But since they are going to keep purchasing devs, as long as it is one I don't usually play games from I don't really care.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Epic Games.

Techland
Asobo
Sega

I can see Techland and Asobo perhaps. Hopefully another good grab soon!

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Nintend since they are so friendly and the fan of each like eachother so much.

Around the Network

I thought American companies, by law can't buy out Japanese companies? So that would rule out Sega, Capcom, Bandai-Namco and Konami being bought out.

KManX89 said:
I thought American companies, by law can't buy out Japanese companies? So that would rule out Sega, Capcom, Bandai-Namco and Konami being bought out.

I heard something similar to that as well. Something about foreign interest.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
KManX89 said:

How did Sony buy Insomniac Games then?

Actually reminds me of ZeniMax buying Tango Gameworks as well. Must be loopholes.

KManX89 said:

That seems to be a false claim that gets passed around on gaming forums whenever somebody talks about MS buying a Japanese developer or publisher, and I have no idea where the idea got started from, but so many people propagate it that many believe it to be true these days. There are many instances of foreign companies buying Japanese companies, for instance the Taiwanese Foxconn has a majority share in Japanese Electronics company Sharp, French car company Renault has a 43% stake in Japanese car company Nissan, while Ford at one point owned 33% of Mazda. This is a quote from a 2012 article: "The foreign ownership of companies listed in Japan hit a record high of 28 percent as of the end of fiscal 2012 through March 31, according to the latest data from five stock exchanges."

Other as in noone.